Chapter 37 Battle Pt. 1

Allie

~~~

I'm not sure how much time passes before I get to my feet and walk downstairs. I need to stretch my legs and I'm starting to crave more meat.

I got to the living room and find a pacing woman. She's got long dark hair, a wolf tail, wolf ears, piecing red eyes, and a muscular form. I raise my eyebrow in surprise and cough quietly. Her gaze immediately shifts to me.

"Sorry! I should have heard you coming!"

"There's no need to apologize, I assume you're Jade," I conclude and she nods.

"I didn't want you to see me unless it was necessary, Jade mumbles and looks down.

"Well why? Is it because of the ears and tail? Cause I think they look cool." Jade stares at me and tilts her head curiously. "Isn't the fight over yet? Where's Carlisle?"

"The future changed a little so it's happening today, you slept for a lot time," Jade says and I gape.

"Woah I have slept for a long time...You look worried what's wrong?"

"I'm worried for Carlisle and Esme...and Reyna. I couldn't bear for any of them to die but I can't bring myself to go help. I don't want the pack to see me like this and I for sure don't want Reyna to see me like this," Jade mutters intently and stares out the glass windows of the living room. "But they've helped me so much, I should be out there helping."

"Reyna? Reyna Swan? Wait are you her dead girlfriend?" I exclaim and Jade nods somberly.

"Yes, and I can't bear to let her know I'm alive because I met my mates and I love them so much," Jade whispers and tears start skulking down her cheeks. "This guilt is suffocating."

I feel for Jade deeply so I cautiously step forward to stand by her.

"I knew Reyna and while I didn't know her well I know she'd understand. Reyna is not a selfish person, she still loves you so much so that she'd want you to be happy and she wouldn't care how you look." I glance up at Jade and she looks down at me.

"How do you..?"

"She walked into the psychiatric ward if the hospital one day when I was waiting to talk with Carlisle. She was bleeding and she had glass all over her. She looked utterly wrecked. I asked her what was wrong and she said she saw you, she thought she was being punished for falling for Jacob so soon after you. Even when she was bleeding all over the floor all she could think about was what you'd think. Reyna loves you and she always will and that's how I know she'll forgive you. You just have to let her."

Jade sniffles and smiles at me.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

It's silent for a moment before the burning curiosity eats me.

"Who are they fighting exactly?" I ask. "Carlisle just told me it was new vampires after Reyna's sister Bella."

"It is a bunch of newborns turned by a boy named Riley, for a woman named Victoria. She wants revenge on Edward for killing her mate." Ice runs down my spine at the name.