Chapter 35 Call

Jade

Jade

~~~

Loud laughter echoes from the front door and I raise an eyebrow. It sounds like Rose, Emmet, Alula, and their new friend Abigail.

Before Carlisle can even respond Allie is stirring from her sleep and blinking in confusion. I immediately jump up and back myself into a corner. I don't want her to see me, it'd scare her.

"Carlisle?" she murmurs and he gently touches her shoulder.

"You are in my home with my family. You are safe," he says and she calms down.

"Yes I remember," she whispers.

The loud laughter suddenly ceases and a soft knock comes at the Cullen's final guest room door.

"Is it alright if I come in? Just me, it's Rosalie," the melodic voice calls. Carlisle turns to Allie who nods in agreement.

"Yes," he replies and the door opens slowly. Rosalie creeps in holding a large shopping bag.

"We went shopping for you and it You some things to make you feel more comfortable here," Rosalie informs and places the bag on the edge of the bed. "We got you this fuzzy blanket, this memory foam pillow, two stuffed cats, a few movies labeled 'young adult hits', and a lot of food down in the fridge. I know vampires don't eat but we figured you might take comfort in eating chocolate and ice cream." As as speaks Rosalie pulls out each item and hands them to Allie.

Allie is smiling and crying by the end of it and clutching all the items close to herself.

"Thank you!"

"It's our pleasure," Rosalie assures and Carlisle grins. He's quite proud of his adopted daughter, I can tell.

"Tomorrow we plan to go to another store and get some more things. We were going to get more today but Emmet knocked over a food display while chasing Abigail to get his 'nose' back and we got kicked out." Allie giggles and claps her hands.

"Is there anything you need now? Or would you like to rest more?" Carlisle inquires.

"Now that you mention it I am hungry, in fact I'm starved," Allie says with a frown on her face.

"What is it you want to eat?" Carlisle asks quickly. He's worried she'll thirst for human blood. Allie breathes in deeply and narrows her eyes.

"I want chocolate cake, bacon, mac & cheese, ribs, mashed potatoes, ice cream, chips, and..." she trails off and her face turns to a confused expression. "And blood. I want blood."