Chapter 16 Imprints

Alula

Last Night

~~~

"Hey Abigail it's me Alula, you know that naive red haired chick you met the other day," I mumble intelligibly into the phone recover. Rosalie and Emmet are standing by me waiting to see if they can take me to her place. They don't want to leave me alone with Victoria on the loose. I don't blame them but at the same time no vampire would ever mess with me as long as I wear the Volturi crest.

"Hey! What's up Alula?" Abigail asks in a happy tone.

"A lot of weird stuff actually. I need a place to stay tonight, mind if I come over?" I inquire politely. I feel weird asking to stay over but it's necessary.

"YES YOU NEED TO GET YOU BUTT OVER HERE THIS INSTANT OR YOU ARE DEAD!" Abigail screams suddenly and I flinch and hold the phone away. Rosalie and Emmet instantly plug their ears and wince.

"Wow you're excited," I remark and Abigail laughs.

"Course I am Alula. I am so bored right now and you are just the person I've been dying to see," she responds. "Need a pick up?"

"No Rose and Emmet are gonna drop me off," I reply. "I can't wait to see you! I'll bring some food and we can make an evening out of it."

"Fantastic! I have this show I'm dying to show you, it's called Game of Thrones and it is utterly terrific," Abigail gushes. "I have to start preparing the perfect Victorian sleepover! I'll see you soon!" The line goes dead and I grin. I'm going to have an actual sleepover with someone besides Jade and Heidi!

"I'm so excited! Rose can we stop by the store on way? And Emmet care to grab my already prepared bag on my bed?" Emmet nods and zooms away before returning seconds later with my bag. I always have an emergency bag packed just in case. "Thanks! Now let's go! Hurry!"

~~~

Reyna

Present

~~~

"Think we should go to the beach today when we go hang with Jake?" I ask in a lower voice. All our friends sans Cullens are chatting away around us with the new girl Amber.

"Yeah that'd be fun, we can invite Autumn and Leah," Bella agrees and I smile.

"Sounds like a plan."

~~~

Reclining in a comfy beach chair I let out a pleased sigh as I soak up the sun. It was a long day at school and I am glad to be relaxing.

"One thing vampires can't do is relax in the sun," I muse and fix my sun hat. I have a large hat on along with a sun dress to keep my glow from showing. Concealer is also mixed into my sunscreen.

"Why not?" Autumn asks with a raised eyebrow. "I'm kind of new to this whole supernatural world." She's dressed in a pastel suit with her camera slung around her neck.

"Right, they can't hang in the sun because they literally sparkle like diamonds," I explain. "Since they can't reveal their secret the Cullen's avoid coming out on sunny days."

"Ah I get it," Autumn hums and snaps a quick picture of the water hitting the sand.

"When Edward's in the sun he looks like a million shining rhinestones," Bella adds with a dreamy look. We all promptly giggle.