Chapter 31 Mystery Visitor

?

~~~

It can't be it's not possible.

Frantically I yank my phone from my pocket and stare at my reflection in it.

My eyes, they've changed.

One is red and the other is still blue.

"No," I hiss and clench my hand. The phone shatters in my grip making me recoil in shock. "What's happening to me?!"

Before I know it I'm running down the streets and out of Seattle.

~~~

Jade

~~~

"She saw me," I admit and Esme nods.

"She did."

"She think's she's going crazy," I state. "She is going out of her mind because of me."

"Jade-"

"It is true! I have to tell her! She is drowning in grief! I have to come clean-I just," my voice stops short and I fall back on our bed. "I don't want Reyna to think of me like this...I want her to remember me how I was, a smiling human, not this monster I've become."

"You are still the same Jade and you aren't a monster. You are a gorgeous hybrid with the softest fur I have ever felt," Esme replies and smiles at me. After a moment we both giggle, she ruffles my hair fondly, and scratches my ears. "Just remember Carlisle and I will be here for you no matter what."

"I know and it's more than I deserve," I confess.

"Don't say that," Esme scolds. "After everything you've been through you deserve happiness." Esme kisses my forehead and then my lips softly. "Now come on Carlisle will be wondering where we are."

"Do you think he found a bear for us to eat?" I ask as we head for the door. Carlisle went ahead to hunt before us some could "treat" us by hunting for us.

"I'm sure he did. We have that man wrapped around our fingers," Esme jokes and we both giggle.

In the back of my head Reyna's shocked face still lingers.

~~~

Reyna

~~~

High pitched ringing pulls me from my sulking and forces me to answer my phone.

"Hey it's Reyna," I mumble.

"Reyna it's Leah." Leah's voice is worried and insistent.

"Leah? What's wrong? You sound freaked," I inquire and sit up straight in my bed.

"Have you talked to Jacob?" she asks intently.

"No," I say in a confused voice. "I haven't talked to anyone from the pack or the tribe since you guys found out. Not even you, wait why are you calling?"

Leah suddenly hangs up leaving me feeling sick and sad.

This is my life now.

~~~

Alula

~~~