Chapter 26 Glass

Reyna

~~~

Jacob, Quil, and Embry head for the door as soon as the discussion is done making Bella and I chase after them desperately. I catch Jacob's arm in an iron grip and force him to face us.

"Jake, wait-you don't know what you're getting into-"

"It's what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You're the one who wanted us to get along," Jacob retorts and strides out the door. I huff and glance at Bella before following him.

"Jacob just stop for a second!" I shout and he freezes. I hear him sigh and he slowly turns to face me.

"Sorry Reyna I guess I'm just a little angry," Jacob mumbles. "I don't want to hurt you if I get too upset."

"You won't Jake and I know that," I state definitively. "Just take a second and breathe." Jacob reluctantly inhales and exhales deeply before half smiling at me.

"Reyna?"

"Yes?"

"Since there's no strategy meeting tomorrow would you want to maybe grab lunch with me?" Butterflies mix in with the fear and anxiety I feel as he asks.

I guess I can enjoy a date before he hates me forever.

"Yeah sure that sounds like fun," I agree and grin. "I'll catch you tomorrow." With that I kiss him on the cheek fondly and ruffle his hair. "Now run along little wolf." Jacob chuckles and plant a kiss on my lips before jogging to catch up with Quil and Embry.

As soon as he's gone I let out a loud sigh and blink rapidly to hold in tears.

So this is how things are going to be for me from now on.

~~~

I sleep till eleven the next morning.

When I wake Bella and Charlie are already gone so it's just me.

~~~

Yawning I stretch my arms and force myself from bed and into the bathroom. Jacob is gonna pick me up at one so I need to start getting ready.

Sleepily I move through the motions of brushing my hair, applying make up, and pulling on clothes that kind of match.

"Now to grab my phone," I mutter to myself and start to shuffle around my room looking.

It's nowhere to be found.

"Well shit," I grumble and cross my arms. "Did I leave it at the-" I frown upon realizing where my phone is and huff. "Of course."

Groaning loudly I stalk down stairs and out to the truck. Bella must have been picked up by Edwad.

~~~

Within ten minutes I'm pulling up to the Cullen's house and parking in the driveway. I stroll up to the door and knock twice.

There's no answer so I knock again.

Still no answer.