Chapter 1

Authors note: Ok so I apologize ahead of time if I change certain things. Please no hating. I also would like to say right away that I do not in anyway own any rights to twilight. The only thing in my story that I own is my Character Nikki. Also I changed it so that Jacob and his friends are a year older. Everything else I will try to keep the same.This takes place two weeks after the Voltori have left. Seth was the one that imprinted on Renesmee. Sorry to those that love Jacob/Renesmee. Thoughts that the character has that are not spoken will be Italicized.

       The first thing that I remember when waking up was the headlights, the sound of tires screeching, mom and Kerri screaming, and the car rolling down the ravine. I had thought that it had all been a bad dream, that was until I realized that I was in a hospital in the ICU. The doctor checked me over to ensure that I didn't have any lasting brain damage, checked my other injuries which consisted of a cut to my forehead, broken collarbone, three cracked ribs, two broken ribs, and a concussion. After the doctor finished he allowed a woman to come into the room. She introduced herself as Detective Turner. Then she informed me that my family had not survived the crash.

Two months later

       It had been a long road to recovery, and to deal with everything after the funeral. But I had finally settled into La Push. My uncle Kevin, my dad's brother had offered for me to be able to live with him and my cousin Paul. Seeing as my only other choice was foster care and that it would only be for a few months until I turned 18 I took him up on the offer. I noticed that I had been having the dream more frequently now. Same dream, with the same guy. I couldn't quite place where I had seen Him before but mom had always told me not to worry about it.

    I had been here five days unpacking the things that I had brought with me, I had sold everything else back in New Orleans before the move. On my second day here Paul had introduced me to his girlfriend Rachel who seemed like a nice person, she was very sweet and had said that she was sorry about my family. But aside from that she had not said much about my family, which I appreciated. I had kept myself busy and trying to not have to go out or see anyone. But on the fifth day I was here Rachel came into my room and sat herself down on my bed. "You know, you've been here almost a week and you still haven't been out to see your old friends. They're all thinking that you're hiding from them." I finished folding a shirt and placed it in the dresser before turning around. "I've just been busy unpacking and haven't had time." "That's bullshit. Nikki I know what its like to lose someone that you love and I know that afterwards you just want to hide away and not talk to people about it. But you need to get out. Distract yourself. How about this, you come over to my place and have dinner with my dad, and I. I don't know if Jake will be there but I think that he will like to see you after seven years." With that she got up and started walking out. When she reached the door she turned around. "Supper will be at six thirty tomorrow. The guys will eat all the food if your not on time." And with that she left.

     Paul and I left at six o'clock so that we would arrive at ten after. I had needed Paul to give me directions to the Blacks house. When we arrived I saw the old red single level house that I used to play in. Jake, Jared, Embry, Quil, and myself had been friends when we were little and the Blacks house was like a second home to me at one time. I pulled my 2003 Honda Civic into a spot in their driveway and we both got out. When we reached the door I had expected Paul to knock, but instead he just walked in like it was his place. I timidly stepped in not wanting to be rude. But before I could get two steps in a man in a wheelchair with long black hair rolled up and stuck his hand out. "Well if it isn't Nikkita Laholt. So good to see you." He had a big smile on his face. Shaking his hand I returned the smile. "It's good to see you to Mr. Black." "You don't need to call me Mr. Black anymore. You're a young lady now and you can call me Billy." After greeting Billy I offered to help Rachel finish up the last minute things for supper. We were just pulling the lasagna out of the oven when we heard a motorbike pull into the driveway. A few moments later the door opened and we heard someone say. "Hey dad. Who's car is that in the driveway?" "That would be our dinner guests." I was carrying the lasagna out to the table and hadn't looked at who was there. But after I put it on the table I looked to see who the owner of the sexy voice was. When I saw who it was I was glad I had put the tray down as I would have dropped it. There standing in front of me, was the guy that I had seen in my dreams. He had the same strong jawline, the beautiful lips, the hair, and the body. But I was so lost in his eyes, they were looking at me like he had just seen the sky for the first time. I don't know how long we had been looking at each other, but it wasn't until we heard someone clear their throat that we looked away. Paul was looking at Jake like he was going to kill him, Rachel was smiling, and Billy was beaming and had the biggest smile on his face. Rachel interrupted the silence with a "The lasagnas getting cold."

     During the entire meal I caught Jake looking at me multiple times, and I couldn't help but sneak glances in his direction as well. I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation until I heard Billy ask me. "So Nikki, do you have a boyfriend back in New Orleans?" He said with a grin. I snuck a glance at Jake, he looked like he had tensed up as soon as his dad had asked the question. "Um. No I don't have a boyfriend." Jake visibly relaxed. Billy continued. "Why not? A beautiful girl like yourself must have guys breaking down the door." I just laughed. "Well, when your the daughter of the wrestling and boxing coach, and the state amateur women's wrestling and boxing champion, all of the guys are kind of scared of you. So no they weren't breaking down the door." Billy and Rachel laughed. "Well then you will definitely fit in here." And with that we moved on to a different conversation. 

    After supper the guys went into the living room to watch some TV and Rachel and I went to do the dishes. Rachel was washing the dishes and I was drying, we were working in silence until Rachel turned and asked. "So, what was that about earlier?" She asked with a smug look. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said concentrating on drying the plate that was in my hand. "She flicked some bubbles at me. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. The whole gawking at my brother for a good ten to fifteen seconds. And you couldn't keep your eyes off of him." "What, I was looking at him for that long? And I wasn't gawking, I was just noticing how well he grew up. He is definitely not a little boy anymore." I said trying to play it cool. "Okay, but you weren't the only one gawking. He couldn't keep his eyes off of you either." And with that we finished the dishes in silence.