Chapter 8

It was the day after Jake had told me I was his Imprint. He had had to explain what that meant. Apparently it meant that he and I were soul mates, that he would protect me with his life. I was actually okay with what he had told me.

I was hanging out with Emily and the girls making muffins. We had been talking about the guys. "So, what was your reaction when Jake told you he was a wolf?" Rachel asked. "Well, he didn't really tell me. He had been following me when I was walking yesterday, and I could hear his steps. We made eye contact and I recognized his eyes. I was surprised but surprisingly I wasn't scared." The girls just looked at me like I was crazy. "Did he tell you anything else?" Emily had asked the question this time. "He told me that I was his imprint." I looked at the girls. They were all looking shocked. "And you didn't freak out, or didn't try punching him or anything. And your hanging out with us after he told you." I just shrugged. "No, plus wouldn't it have broken my hand?"

At that moment we heard the door of the house crash open and heard the guys coming in. I could hear someone moaning and they sounded like they were in a lot of pain. Us girls walked into the living room. The guys were all there. Sam was yelling at some of the guys to get someone named Carlisle. One of the guys ran to the phone that was on the wall. I couldn't see who it was that was on the couch. All the other guys were there but Jake. Walking over to the couch I looked over the back of it. There was Jake. He had noticeably broken ribs, his left leg was swollen, his right arm was being held to his chest, and he had a huge gash on his right side of his stomach. No one had been applying pressure and it looked like he could be bleeding out. Running around the couch and pushing my way through the wall of bodies I put my hand on the gash. There was alot of shouting. I looked at Jake and he was not looking good. He looked like he was trying to not yell out at me putting pressure on his wound. "I'm so sorry Jake, I know it hurts but I need to stop the bleeding." I remembered that I could stop it from hurting him, that I could heal him. Looking around to make sure that none of the guys were watching, I put both of my hands on him, one on his wound the other the middle of his chest. Then I took a deep breath, if any of the guys had been paying attention they would have seen my hands going red. Jake started making a sound like a moan crossed with a growl. I opened my eyes and saw the ribs that were broken fixing themselves, his legs swelling was going down and the wound was closing. Just as the wound closed I could feel myself getting a major headache. It felt like I was crying but I didn't think I was. Getting up and backing away from Jake I realized that I felt really light headed. Then everything went black.

Jake's POV

The guys had had to carry me back to Emily's as the Vampire that had attacked me had broken my leg and arm, I was also bleeding pretty bad from a gash in my side. I didn't know exactly how badly I was injured but it hurt like hell. The guys had put me on the couch and were busy trying to figure out what to do when I saw Nikki's head pop over the side of the couch. Afew seconds later she was beside me and looking at my injuries. She must have seen I was bleeding because I felt a really sharp pain where my gash was, she had put her hands on the wound and was pushing. Afew seconds later I looked at her again and her eyes were Silver and were glowing, her hands were also red but that was probably from the blood. I could feel my ribs moving, and my leg wasn't hurting as bad, and I felt a tingling where the wound was. Suddenly  Nikki's eyes went back to their normal chocolate colour, and she stood up and backed away. I looked at her face and her nose was bleeding, and there was blood coming from her eyes. Then she collapsed.

All of the guys saw her collapse and were at her side in a second. "NIKKI? What's wrong with her?" I heard myself yell before I noticed I was getting up and was beside her. Just then Carlisle arrived and looked at who we were surrounding. A couple of the guys moved so that he could get in. "I thought the guys said it was you that was hurt Jake." He was looking at her and checking her eyes. "I was but... I don't know what happened."

Nikki's POV

When I woke up I was in a strange bed. I could hear the guys downstairs. I started trying to get up. "I don't think that's a good idea." Looking over at someone sitting at the edge of the bed it was Jake. "You hit your head when you fell." Getting up slowly I got into a sitting position and looked at Jake. "How are you feeling?" I asked Jake trying to get my mind off the pounding headache. "Fine, thanks to whatever you did. What did you do Nikki? I was bleeding out, I had broken bones and then after you touched me for afew seconds I was fine. Your eyes were shining, and were silver." Taking a deep breath I looked at him. "I healed you Jake, I was scared that you would bleed out and that by the time that guy they called got there that you might be dead. As for why my eyes were like that, it happens when I do one of the things that I'm capable of." Jake was staring at me. "So what are you capable of and what are you?" Rubbing my face. "I'm a Nymph, and a freak. I'm not normal and I try to hide what I am, that's why you didn't know about it. As for what I can do. I can control and generate the four elements and heal a person. My eyes go red when I use fire, blue when I use water, green when I use earth, and silver when I heal and use air." Taking a deep breath I continued. "I hate using it because of it making me different. But it has saved my life before." Jake sat up straight. "That was you that burned those two vampires in that clearing." I nodded my head. "They attacked me and I didn't know what they were, just that they weren't human. I tried hurting them using my training in boxing but just ended up hurting myself. Apparently it's only passed on from mother to daughter as long as your the oldest daughter. Kerri wouldn't have had it and I only got it when I was 14."

We talked for awhile, me explaining what I could do and what I was. We had been sitting there when Jake said. "Nikki, I don't think your a freak. You were born like that and that wasn't something you could control. You were completely understanding when I explained what I am so I am not going to be angry that you didn't tell me before."