Chapter 13

It was June 28 and I was sitting up on the cliffs looking out over the water. The wind blowing through my hair. I heard someone walking up the path and turned to see who it was. Jake was about 10 feet away. I turned back to my view. I heard him sit beside me. "Nikki, please reconsider your decision of staying." I shook my head. "Nikki, please. I can't stand the thought of you getting hurt." We had been arguing about my decision for the last 2 weeks. I had held my ground and he was not happy. "Jake how would you feel if I asked you to leave? To turn your back on the people of this area. You would refuse to go. And I feel the same way. I have an ability to do something. To protect these people. How could I live with myself if you guys got hurt or killed and the rez and Forks were destroyed." Jake let out an exasperated breath and stood up. "God your stubborn. You do realize that you could get killed. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you got hurt. I'm begging you to go. I need to know your safe." I looked at him. "Jake we've been arguing about this for the last two weeks and I am not going to change my mind. So can we please just enjoy the last few days before they come." I grabbed his hand. "Please Jake." He sighed and pulled me closer to him wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on top of mine.

The girls were leaving today and there was alot of tears. All of the guys had spent every moment of the last week with their girlfriends. The family that knew of the guys were told to leave the area for afew days.  Billy and Rachel had gone to go visit Jakes sister Rebecca in Hawaii. Jake had asked me one last time to go with the girls but like before I had said no. It was now July 1 and we were supposed to have afew more days to prepare. The guys were doubling the patrol and I was staying in an empty house after Kevin had left. Jake slept over every night. And I knew he was always on high alert. Ready to go and fight at any moment.

Today was July 4 and all of the guys were on patrol I was with the Cullen's at Carlisle's suggestion. He had said they would be able to protect me and if need be get me out of here. They thought that I had refused to go because I didn't want to leave out of spite. They didn't know that I had stayed to help. I would be able to do way more than they thought. Jake and the guys had made their patrol area to include Forks. The Cullen's and I were in the woods just outside of town. They had tried to make me stay at their house with one of them, but I had told them that I was not going to do that. Jake had told them to keep me close. The blond vamp and Bella were both looking at me like I was the stupidest person on the face of the earth. They had no idea what I was capable of. After the fireworks went off we were on edge. Afew minutes after the fireworks went off we heard a wolf howl in the distance. Moments later there was more howling. They were getting closer. Coming closer to town. Then we saw them. Probably 30 or so red eyed vampires. The guys were chasing them and had gotten afew of them. But there were to many still coming. Emmett stepped in front of me. "Don't worry their not getting at you." I scoffed. Was he seriously pulling the 'I'll protect you' move. Afew moments later we were hit by the swarm of red eyes and rock hard skin. They  were trying to kill us, like they would everyone else in town. One grabbed me and immediately burst into flame. I threw a ball of fire at a vamp who had Collin around the ribs. Thankfully he hadn't squeezed yet. I kept finding targets to try and neutralize. Leah had been thrown into a tree, while she had been dazed the leech grabbed a limb and lined up to impale her with it. I lit the limb and his arm on fire. It didn't take long for the fire to spread to his entire body. After afew moments I saw one of the leeches fighting Jake and saw him get knocked down. The vamp went to finish him off. I let out a burst of fire and incinerated the leech. There was nothing left of him but I pile of ash. Then I heard a sound of stone being ripped apart. Turning around I saw Paul ripping a vamp apart that had somehow gotten past us and was coming after me.

In total the fight had lasted maybe 10 minutes but we had come out on top. Acouple of the guys had minor injuries. The worst was a broken arm and a concussion. But everyone seemed to spellbound by what I had done. "Nikki, remind me to never get you mad." Seth said. I just smiled. "Holy shit. How the hell were you able to do that?" Emmett asked saying what was on all of his brother and sisters minds. "I'm a Nymph. A being who can control the four elements. Earth, fire, air, and water." They looked at each other. Carlisle was the first to speak. "I know that my family will be hesitant to trust you with the knowledge that you could destroy us easily. But if it were not for your abilities we may not have won and saved the town." And with that they left.

We all went home. Everyone called their perspective people to ensure them that they were alright. Jake had called his sister's to talk to Billy and Rachel. Paul had been there and had been pestering Jake to let him talk to Rachel. Finally after Paul left Jake and I were alone. "Nikki, I'm still not happy that you willingly put yourself in harms way. But I am glad that we won and no one was seriously injured." I walked up to him and kissed him. "I am glad that I could help. A couple of the guys may have been more seriously injured if I hadn't been there. Leah would have been impaled and Collin would have been crushed." Jake leaned in and kissed me. I yawned after his kiss. "Come on, lets get you to bed." I smiled. "That sounds like the best thing I've heard today."

Authors Note: Hey guys I know that before the last chapter I hadn't updated in a while. A thousand apologizes. I had major writers block and had to think of afew things to do with the story. XOXOXO MMWWAA (Kiss Blown)