chapter 2

It had been two days since I had been at the Blacks house for dinner, and I couldn't stop thinking of Jake. His beautiful lips, his perfect smile, the body that only a greek god could have, and his gorgeous eyes. I just couldn't believe that the guy that was in my dream had been Jake. Like seriously I always had just remembered him as a kid, but in my dream he was exactly how he was two days ago. Okay girl just get yourself together, he can't be interested in you. He probably thinks your crazy for staring at him like that. I was headed to my cousin Sams seeing as all of the guys that I used to play with were supposedly always there. I had gotten directions from Kevin and was just pulling into the driveway. It looked like a nice country house. Brown siding, two stories, covered veranda, and large windows. Just as I put the car in park a group of guys came barging out of the house whopping and hollering. Just like when we were little. Getting out of the car I was swarmed by the short clad, shirtless group of guys who looked like they were in the gym every waking moment. "Well if it isn't little Nikki." "We thought that you were hiding from us." "We thought we were going to have to come and find you and kidnap you." They were all talking over top of each other. Finally there was a person who broke it all up. "Guys let her breath, she just got out of her car. Let me see my little cousin." With that I smiled. "Sammy, I'm not so little anymore. And you've just always been a giant." With that he gave me a hug. "Hey don't we get a hug?" Quil said putting his bottom lip out. "Haha, Quil your puppy eyes never worked on me. But sure." "Dude we're getting more action from her than Jake." Jared half whispered to Embry. Jake glared at them and I could have sworn I heard him growl. "Careful Jared. Don't want to have to rearrange that face of yours. And besides I don't think you could handle this." All the guys just laughed. From the porch a woman yelled "Guys stop pestering her and let her inside."

Walking towards the house the guys kept shoving each other around and trying to sling their arms around my shoulders, Jake looked like he might kill someone. We finally made it into the house and I came face to face with a woman in her early twenties. She was beautiful, but she had scars running down the side of her face. "Nikki, this is my fiance Emily. Emily, my cousin Nikki." Sam said. Trying to be polite and not stare, I made eye contact and went to shake her hand but she went for a hug. After meeting Emily, I met the guys girlfriends. There was Jared's girlfriend Kim, Embry's girlfriend Lacy, Emily's niece Claire, and Emily's cousin Leah.

After staying for supper and catching up with the guys we were watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead man's chest. At the beginning of the movie Seth and one of the other guys had to leave for some reason but I didn't really think much of it. After the movie was done it was nine o'clock and I was going to head home. Jake offered to walk me to my car, I thought it was odd as it was only about twenty feet. I accepted though and so we walked. "So, um. How are you like La Push?" Jake asked trying to start a conversation. "It's good, been busy unpacking so haven't gotten to go out much. What sort of things do you guys do around here?" I asked trying to keep it going. "Well, we hang out a lot. When I'm not here or working I fix up cars and my bike." Hearing that peaked my interest. "So you like fixing engines and stuff. What sort of bike do you have?" I asked giving him a big smile. "A Harley sprint. And yeah I fix peoples cars around here seeing as the only other shop is in Forks, but they charge an arm and a leg." We reached my car and I didn't want to leave. But it was getting late. "Thanks for walking me to my car. Do you have a ride home?" He nodded his head towards a motorbike. "That's my ride." I was a little disappointed that he didn't need a ride but hopefully I would see him soon. "Well, maybe I'll see you soon. Emily said that I should come over tomorrow or the day after." His eyes lit up with that. "Yeah, I would like that." He gave me a smile that would make any girl swoon. But I was stronger than that. So I got into my car and drove home.

When I got to Uncle Kevin's I got ready for bed. The entire time I couldn't stop thinking about Jake. I couldn't wait to see him again.

Authors Note: Sorry about this chapter it's a little dry but sometimes parts just have to be.