Chapter 7

Authors Note. Okay so in this chapter I'm going to try something new. I'm going to do at least part of it as a Jake POV.

Jake POV

I was on patrol with Quil when I suddenly felt the urgent need to go to the clearing in the woods just inside our borders. I couldn't explain the feeling, as though my life depended on me getting there as quickly as possible. Quil was asking me what was wrong but I couldn't even take the time to explain. When I reached the clearing all that was in the clearing besides grass was two piles of ash that were still burning. They were burning purple with purple smoke, and I only knew one thing that burned with that color. Vampires. I was sniffing to see who had or what had done it when I caught a familiar scent. Nikki had been here within a few minutes. Nikki's been here, why, where is she?  I followed her scent all the way to her uncles place. Listening I could hear her in her bedroom, she was out of breath and her heart was racing as though she had ran all the way here. All I wanted to do was go to her and hold her, make her feel safe. But I could hear Sam calling for a meeting.

When I reached Emily's all of the guys were there in human form. Changing back I went inside for the meeting. Sam was standing as all of the guys were sitting. "Okay, we are meeting to find out what happened to two leeches that got into our borders. Someone was able to beat them and burn them. So if any of you did it, please come forward." None of the guys did. How could they, they weren't stupid enough to take on two vampires by themselves. They wouldn't have been able to beat them let alone burn them as well. Plus I would have heard them. "Okay so none of you did it? Alright, Seth seeing as Renesmee is your imprint and you have the best relationship with the Cullens, I need you to go ask them if they know anything about the two Leeches or how they were destroyed." Seth left immediately. I didn't appreciate Sam ordering a member of my pack around, but with my imprint possibly in danger I didn't care. "We may have a threat on our hands if the Cullens didn't do it. So I may need everyone to keep even sharper watch out." With that the meeting came to a close. Emily came up to me. "Jake it might be a good idea for you to go check in on Nikki. Make sure that she's okay." Nodding my head to her I ran as quickly as I could to see Nikki.

Nikki's POV

I ran all the way home from the clearing. My chest was pounding out of both fear and from running. How could you let yourself do that? To do what you always said you'd never do unless in the utmost need. Well I was kind of in danger. You killed them. You killed those two guys. Your a freak. Not natural. What if someone had seen and told someone.

After having a internal screaming session with myself I heard a knock on the front door. Slowly going down the stairs and peaking around the corner, I saw Jake standing outside. Letting out the breath that I had been holding I opened the door for him. "Hey." "Hey, may I come in?" Opening the door wider so he could come in I noticed he seemed tense. "What's the matter? Are you okay?" Jake walked into the kitchen. "Yeah, just worried about you." Grabbing a glass of water I gave one to Jake. "Why, we just saw each other last night." He rubbed the back of his neck. "We heard that there were some strange guys on the Rez and I wanted to be sure you were okay." Should I tell him? No, mom always said not to trust anyone. Even your closest friends. "I went for a jog earlier, but I didn't see anyone." He seemed to relax. "Okay, well I need to get going. The guys have decided we are going to patrol the area to be sure that if they are still around they don't cause any trouble." He left with that.

Each day after the incident in the clearing Jake would come in and check up on me. I kept my mouth shut about what really happened that day. Mom had told me not to tell anyone. But Jake wasn't just anyone. He was more than just a friend. I liked him, maybe I even loved him. about three days after the incident I decided to go for a walk. Not towards the clearing again. Towards Sam and Emily's. I had been walking about ten minutes when I heard someone following me. With living in the city you learned to trust your gut about whether someone was following you. So keeping my guard up I kept walking. A few minutes later I heard foot falls behind me again. Stopping suddenly and spinning around I yelled. "I know your there! Show yourself." A few seconds later I heard something to my right. There was a huge, and I mean huge wolf. He was probably as big as a horse probably bigger. He had russet fur and was probably taller than me by almost a foot. He must have taken my surprised look as fear cause he got down so he was laying on his belly. Putting his head low to the ground he started crawling slowly towards me. Don't get me wrong I was scared shitless, but at the same time I felt safe with him. Like he could rip my head off at any moment, yet that he would protect me. When he got about six feet away from me he stopped. He was looking directly at me. I recognize those eyes, but where. Reaching my hand out I slowly started towards him. He put his head forward so that I was touching the top of his head. His fur was course yet soft. I touched the fur around his face. Looking into his eyes this close I realized who's eyes they looked identical to. Remembering all the old legends my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. I jolted back losing contact with the wolf. "Jake?"

Hearing his name he lifted his head quickly. "Jake if that's really you, change back. You need to explain." He moved his head to indicate for me to move away. Taking a few steps back and realizing that he would probably be naked when he changed back, I turned away. Taking a few steps I heard Jake with a pleading sound in his voice. "Nikki, please don't leave. Let me explain." Trying not to turn around I stopped. "So your what they used to call a Spirit Warrior. Like Tahi Aki?" Jake chuckled. "I think the kids now-a-days call us werewolves. But yeah." Letting him explain, it was hard not to sneak a peak at him in the nude. Like he probably was just as sexy everywhere as his face and chest. But knowing he might be embarrassed I decided not to.

Once he had explained about how he and the guys all had become werewolves when they were sixteen, and a bunch of other stuff his voice changed. "Look I understand if with something like this you want me to stay away and never try to contact you. But I would never do anything to hurt you Nikki." Hearing his voice he sounded like he might be close to tears. I know that I have very strong feelings for him so not caring I turned around. "Jake, I know that you probably expect me to run away screaming and crying demanding you not to follow me or anything. But I am not that type of girl. I don't care if you turn into a huge wolf. I don't care if you have weird habits as a result of being the way you are. You may turn into a huge wolf, but inside that wolf is the same guy that I grew up with. Same guy that I have been hanging out and dating for the last couple months. I care about you more than I have any other person, I may even love you, and you haven't done anything to hurt me before I found out. I understand that you couldn't tell me, that some things just need to be kept a secret until you know that you can trust them." He visibly relaxed, I was trying so hard not to stare at his junk and keep eye contact. Looking away so that I didn't he took a step closer. "There's also one more thing that I need to tell you." Looking at his face which was only out of arms reach he looked nervous again. "As a werewolf some of us have found our imprints, or as werewolf movies call them mates." Taking a step closer he touched my face. "Nikki, please don't be angry with what I'm about to tell you. But, you're my imprint."

Authors Note. So let me know how you liked Jakes POV.

Love ya XOXOXO