Chapter 12

It had been about a week since that night. We hadn't been alone anywhere since then so it was the last time that we got to do anything like that. But today we were at the beach. "Hey anyone want to go cliff diving? The waves aren't to big." Jared asked all of us that were there. Paul and Embry were on patrol today. Emily had stayed home as she hadn't been feeling well this morning, or the last couple days. Afew of the girls backed out but I enjoyed doing some adrenaline inducing activities. Lacy, Leah, and I all went with the guys to the top of the cliffs. Lacy and I were the only ones who hadn't jumped with the guys before. "So who's going first?" Jared was closest to the edge. "I think Lacy and Nikki should. They haven't done it before." Collin said with a smirk. "Or are you to chicken" Brady said shoving Collin playfully. "As a matter of fact no I'm not." I said with a smirk. I walked over to the edge. Looking down it was a insane drop to the water. But I had to show the guys that I wasn't afraid. I heard someone come up beside me. Stepping away from the edge so no one could shove me I saw it was Jake and Lacy. "I'll go first." Quil said seeing the look on Jake's face. We backed away and he dove off, followed by Leah and Seth. I backed up and did a running jump. It was afew seconds before I hit the water. The water was shockingly cold. Coming up for breath I heard someone land in the water beside me. Looking over I saw Jake pop up. He had a smile on. "How was it?" He asked. I laughed. "Fun." I swam over and kissed him. After a moment I let go and started swimming for shore. When we reached the beach the guys were all shaking the water out of their hair. It looked like a bunch of dogs shaking off. I smiled and tried to stifle a laugh. "What are you laughing at?" Jake had come up behind me. "Nothing."

The next day I went over to Emily's to see how Emily was doing and to help make breakfast before the guys got there. Coming in the door I could hear Emily already busy in the kitchen. When I came in she was busy flipping pancakes. "Hi sweetie." She said with a smile. "Hey. Feeling better?" She simply smiled and nodded.  She went to go and take the sausages out of the oven and when she opened the oven and quickly put the pan on the stove top and bolted out of the kitchen. Chasing after her I heard her in the bathroom throwing up. Grabbing her hair so she didn't get vomit all over it. I was rubbing her back and after afew moments she stopped. "Thanks." Grabbing a cloth out of the cupboard I got it wet and handed it to her. "How long have you been sick?" She leaned against the tub. "Acouple days. But it seems to be only in the morning and when I smell certain things." I leaned against the wall beside the door. "Are you pregnant?" She looked up. "I haven't taken a test, but I am late." I looked at my watch. "How bout before the guys get here I run to the drugstore and get you a test?" She nodded.

Thankfully the guys hadn't gotten there before I got back from the drugstore. I handed Emily the bag and she went and took it right away. "It says it will take a minute for the result to show up." She looked anxious. "Are you and Sam wanting to have kids?" I asked her trying to be as understanding as possible. "We were hoping to wait till after the wedding. Which is in two months."  Two minutes passed and she handed me the test before looking at it. "I'm to scared to look." I took the test and looked. There was a bright pink plus sign. "Well looks like you better have a dress that can fit a growing stomach." She looked at me with a smile.

The next day I was over at Emily's again and there was a phone call asking the guys to meet the Cullen's at the treaty line. I had asked to go along and Jake had hesitantly allowed me to. When we arrived the Cullen's were already there. They had a look on their face of worry. Jake and I had ridden his bike there. The guys had ran in wolf form. "Glad you guys came as soon as we asked. Alice has had a vision." The blond older guy said. They were all good looking but in my taste they were to perfect. Not a single hair was out of place. "You said it was important." Jake said. I had been told to stay by the bike and not to go close to them. I had thought that Jake was being paranoid but he was just trying to protect me. I recognized from Jakes description which one was Bella. He had told me all about her. About how he had thought he had loved her, and what she had done when Edward had come back from his year away. I recognized the odd color of their eyes and knew instantly that they were vampires. "There is a group of nomads that are coming here. We are not sure when but there is a surprising amount of them seeing as they usually only have two or three nomads in a group. I saw alot of death. The town of Forks and also La Push were destroyed in my vision." Jake was so tense that I could see it from over ten feet away. "They'll have to deal with us before that happens. How many were there?" Alice looked concerned. "Over thirty." Some of them looked so newly bitten that there was no controlling them." Jake and a couple of the guys had their fists balled so tightly that their knuckles were white. "So are you asking for help or just notifying." Sam asked. "We are asking for an alliance in protecting the humans of the area. We will fight to protect the people. But we will need help. And I am assuming that you want that as well. For the sake of your families and friends." Carlisle looked sure of this. "But this time there won't be the other Covens to help, right?" Seth asked. Carlisle nodded his head. Jake let out a axasperated breath. "How long do we have?" Everyone looked at Alice. "It looked like on the fourth of July. I saw fireworks in the background." Sam nodded and turned to go back into the woods, the guys followed suit. Bella spoke to Jake. Jake looked between the two of us. He motioned for me to come over. Walking over I was on guard to what she might do. When I reached them I was surprised by her reaching her hand out. "Hi, you must be Nikki. I'm Bella." I shook her hand and was surprised by how cold she was. "Hi." She smiled. "So, your Quileute to?" I nodded my head. I had decided that until she showed that she deserved my friendship that I was going to not like her. Just for the fact that she had hurt Jake. "I should get her back." Jake said and motioned with his head for me to go back to the bike.

The guys were obviously worried about the vampires coming to our area. Especially those that had imprints. By the time we got back to Emily's Sam was telling the guys what they were going to do. "We will have to double the patrols when it gets closer to July."

A couple of the guys were telling their imprints that they were going to have to leave June 30 until after everything blew over and that it was safe. All of the girls were putting up a fight to not have to leave but in the end they all agreed. Emily was going to take them back to her parents place, this also included Renesmee and Claire. I had refused to go with them.