Chapter 14

Authors Note: The picture is what I want Nikki to look like.

It had been acouple weeks since the fight and we were all getting back to the way things were before. We weren't constantly worried about an impending attack and the girls weren't afraid that the guys might die. We were happy. Jake finally came to terms (sort of) that I wasn't the type of girl that let her friends get hurt if she could do anything about it.

There was a party being held at a persons house in Forks, or just outside of it. We decided to go. The girls and I got ready together and the guys were going to meet us there. We were finally ready to go. We decided to take my car. We hopped in and took off. Half an hour we reached the house that the party was being held. The music was already blaring and people were on the porch and around the house. We found a place to park and headed inside. Once inside we looked around for the guys. "Okay girls, I'm gonna get a drink." I walked over to the table with all the drinks. I grabbed a beer and walked over to a corner to watch for the guys. Jake and all the guys that had girlfriends had tonight off so they could join us. I was watching for afew minutes and saw a guy getting a little close to Lacy. I saw him slip a little tablet into her beer. Rushing over I saw her lift the cup to her lips. Grabbing the drink from her, I gave her the one I had. "Here sweetie. I got you a drink." Giving the guy the best death glare I could, he backed off. "What was that about?" She looked confused. "He tried slipping you a little pill in your drink." She looked shocked. At that moment we heard some voices that we recognized. Then there was a pair of arms that slipped around my waist. "Hey, I'm looking for my girlfriend. Have you seen her? She's the hottest girl in the state, and I haven't seen her all day." I turned and kissed him. "There she is." He said with a smile. We walked over to the drink table and got some beers. Jake was hesitant to let me have one but he smelt the beer on my breath from the couple sips I had had before. After acouple drinks the song "Buttons" by the PussyCat dolls came on. "Dance with me." I dragged him on the area designated for dancing and started dancing. I had a bit of a buzz but not tipsy yet. We started dancing. I was swinging my hips and he was attempting to dance. I leaned in. "I don't really dance. Only slow dance." I smiled and stepped closer. "Then we'll do this." I started (sort of) front grinding on him. He looked like he didn't know what to do with his hands. I grabbed them and put them on my hips.  We danced like that for acouple songs with each song he got more comfortable. We finally decided to go and see what the others were doing. We were sitting on the couch with the others and acouple guys came up. "Hey ladies, why don't you party with acouple real guys. Not roid shooting douches." They were all quite a bit shorter than the guys and looked fit, but they would not stand a chance in a fight with our guys. Some of the guys were obviously upset. Jake stood up from the couch that we were sitting on. I laughed. "Trust me guys, you couldn't handle us girls." They looked at me. "Your obviously the one who likes it rough. Don't worry we can take care of that." All of the guys stood up. They all had afew inches on these guys. Each of the girls grabbed their guy and stopped them. Jake had been further from me than the others. Jake got right up in the main guys face. The guy took a swing at Jake and Jake easily dodged it. He took one swing and knocked the guy on his ass. Jake took a step towards him. Before he could do anything else I got in front of him and put my hands on his chest. He was really warm and trembling. "Jake their not worth it." He looked at me then them. "Jake I mean it. Don't." He turned around and walked out of the party. I went to follow him outside. "Nikki that might be a bad idea." Paul said. "Paul, I trust him not to lose it with me." I went out the back door where Jake had gone.There was no one else in the backyard but Jake and me. "Nikki go back into the party." He was pacing. "Jake, I'm not going anywhere. Not until you calm down." He turned to me. "They were meaning that they wanted to..." He ran his hands through his hair and turned away quickly. "Jake, you can't stop every guy from saying things about me. I know that you just want to protect me. But guys have been saying stuff like that since I was 15. I've learned to not let it bother me. I don't care about them." I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder and turned him towards me. "I just don't like guys talking about you like that." I stepped closer. "I know. But I don't want any other guy than you." He leaned in and kissed me. "Good. Same goes for me. Girl I mean." I laughed.

We sat out on the back porch for a little while to be sure that Jake was okay. Then we went back inside. We did some more dancing, drank some more, and just had fun. I probably drank one to many beers cause Jake reached over and grabbed the beer cup out of my hand. "I think that's enough. Your starting to fall over." I stepped up to him. "But it's so much fun. Come on let's dance." He pulled me to him. "I think I should get you home." I frowned. "Party pooper. One last dance?" He shook his head. "One dance turns into two, and then another one. Where's your car keys?" I grabbed the keys. "Are you okay to drive? You've had more to drink than me." He smiled. "Alcohol burns up quickly in our bodies." He snatched the keys from me and grabbed my hand. I wrapped my arm around his waist once out of the house. He was supporting me from falling over. Once we got into the car he buckled me in. I started giggling. "What's so funny?" He asked looking at me. "Your buckling me in like a little kid." He shut the door and got in on the drivers side.

We finally arrived home and I had fallen asleep on the way. I felt him carrying me. I stirred and he put me down so he could open the front door. We walked up to my room. "You know Jake. I had lots of fun tonight, even with those guys. Honestly I hope you broke that guys nose. He was a little assholeish." I was fussing with my heels. Then I tried my dress and started falling over. Jake caught me.  "Can you help me with this. I can't get them." He looked hesitant. But did as asked. After he had gotten me in a tank top and shorts he put me in bed. He got in bed with me after turning the lights off. "Goodnight Jake." He wrapped his arm over my side. "Goodnight Nikki."