Chapter 9

I had to explain to the guys what had happened and what I was. Sam and a couple of the guys were worried that I might be a threat to everyone. But Jake had told them that I hadn't hurt anyone during the couple months I'd been here other than the two vampires that attacked me and that I wasn't a threat. That seemed to make the guys not quite so anxious.

Afew days had passed since the incident with the vampire and the guys finding out what I was. I was laying in bed reading a book when I heard a tapping on my window. Getting up and walking over to the window I opened the curtains. Jake was outside my window. Opening the window I stuck my head out. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Back up, I'm coming up." I stepped back. Within afew seconds Jake was climbing through the window. "Hey." He said standing to his full height. "Hey, so what brings such an incredibly good looking guy to throw pebbles at my window?" He smiled and stepped closer. "Well, I wanted to come see my girlfriend and the front door was locked." Smiling and stepping so that we were only a couple inches apart. "Well that seems like a really good reason." Reaching up and placing my hand on his face he leaned down and we kissed. It was a gentle kiss but it was full of so much meaning. After afew moments we broke the kiss. "I have to go but I want you to know that I love you." Jake stepped back. "If you want I'll leave my window open and when your done patrol you can come in. Not to do anything that your dad wouldn't be okay with. Just to spend time together." He smiled. "Okay. See you in a couple hours then." He jumped down from the window. Running to the window I stuck my head out. "Jake." He turned around and looked up at me. "I love you too." He smiled and ran off into the dark.

I had fallen asleep and left the window open like I had said. It was still dark when I heard someone come in the window. Afew moments later I felt someone lie in the bed beside me. "Mm. What time is it?" I said rolling over and stretching. "It's around 3. I can leave if you want to go back to sleep." Yawning I looked at Jake. "No, you can stay if you want. I'll probably just go back to sleep but you can stay." He scooted closer and put his arm around me. "Then I guess I'll stay."

It was about 9 o'clock when I woke up. Jake was still laying in the bed beside me and was cuddling up to me. He looked so peaceful. "You know it's not polite to stare." He said without opening his eyes. "You look so cute when your sleeping." He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Cute?" He started tickling me. "Okay okay. Your not cute." He stopped tickling me. "Your the hottest guy on the planet." He smiled at that. "Well, I have to be to have any chance with you." He started getting up. "I should go, Paul and Kevin won't appreciate finding me in your bed." He started walking to the window. Getting up I grabbed his hand. He turned to me. "Meet me at my shop in an hour. We'll work on the motorbike some more."

An hour later I was driving up to the Black's house. Billy was sitting outside working on a boat. "Morning Billy." He looked up. "Morning. So Jake spent the night huh?" He was looking at me with a glint in his eye. "After patrol he came over but we didn't do anything. We fell asleep and when he woke up he left. Is he in the shop?" I said anxiously. Billy nodded his head. "Just be careful if you guys are doing anything. Your both to young to be parents." With that I nodded my head and went to the shop. Opening the door I poked my head in. Jake was there working on the bike already. He had his back to me and I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders leaning my head on one of them. "Hey beautiful." He said grabbing my arms and standing up to face me. "Hey." He leaned in and kissed me. I grabbed a stool to work on the other side of the bike so I was facing him. After a few minutes I spoke up. "So, your dad thinks that we're sleeping together." He looked up really quickly. "What?" He looked shocked. "Yeah apparently he thinks that because you didn't come home till after 9 this morning that we spent the night doing stuff." He had turned a deep red. "Well, we did sleep in the same bed. But he should know that we wouldn't do that this soon in our relationship." I looked at him with an eyebrow cocked. "Jake, you're 18 and I'll be 18 in a little while. Of course he's going to think that we're hormonal teenagers that are just crazy about sex. And besides, most teenagers are already sexually active by the time that their 16." He just stared at me. "Were you sexually active at 16?" He asked looking embarrassed. "What? No. I...um...I haven't" I bit my lip out of insane nervousness. "I haven't done any sort of... stuff. I hadn't even kissed a guy before you kissed me." I was avoiding looking at him. "I was your first kiss? I thought that a gorgeous girl like you would have had hundreds of guys lining up and beating down the door to get to you." I just shrugged and went back to working on the bike. "When you're tougher than most of the guys in your school, they don't really want to date someone who can beat them in a fight. So all through high school I never dated." He just gawked at me. "If you had lived here, every guy would have been beating the crap out of each other to ask you out." I looked at him over the gas tank. "Would you have been doing the same?" He gave me a smirk. "None of them would have stood a chance."