Chapter 4

It was about a week and a half after Jake and I had had that talk. It was the beginning of the second week of February. We had been hanging out a lot and were currently in his shop. He was working on his Rabbit and I was sitting on his work bench. I had been sitting there for a few minutes when I got tired of just watching. "Jake, do you mind if I help?" He looked at me and smiled. "Do you know how to do any repairs on a motor?" Hopping down off the bench I smiled. "Well my dad taught me. We rebuilt a bike together when I was fifteen, and Eathan and I were fixing up an old 69 Charger, before the accident." He looked at me and with a smile on his face handed me a wrench. "You can help then." We worked side-by-side for about an hour, just listening to music and talking. I looked at the time and it was already nine o'clock in the evening. I left and went home. I was getting ready for bed and just glanced outside my window when I saw something that caught my eye. There standing on the edge of the woods, was a russet wolf the size of a horse. It stood there for a moment and then turned around and went back into the woods. After that I  went to bed.

I was standing in a clearing in the woods. I could see the clear sky, and the grass was green. It was a beautiful spot. It was nice and warm and felt safe. I was looking around when I saw a wolf walking into the clearing. I saw him and was surprised to feel safe with him. I saw his russet fur, and his eyes. His eyes looked familiar but I couldn't place where I had seen them. He was walking closer to me and I to him when the air suddenly got a chill. I could see my breath and felt cold. The wolf started growling at something behind me and I turned around. There standing on the edge of the clearing were two men. They were really pale even compared to Caucasian people. They had red eyes, and the one had blonde hair, the other brown. I felt terrified of them. They gave off a feeling like they would hurt me or even kill me. I had started backing away from them and didn't notice until I was standing beside the wolf. He had all of his fur standing on end, his teeth were bared and his eyes were filled with pure hatred. I turned and saw the two men. They were laughing and then they started running towards us. Just before they reached us, I woke up.

I bolted up. I was having a hard time catching my breath. I was covered in sweat and had tears running down my face. I looked at the alarm clock it was only two thirty. I tried to calm myself down and go back to sleep but couldn't. I decided to draw the eyes of the wolf to try to calm myself. It helped a little, but not enough to go to sleep.  At about six thirty I went for a shower, I hadn't been able to go back to sleep. At seven thirty I was ready to go and decided to help Emily make breakfast. So putting my runners on I walked to Sam and Emily's. When I arrived there I helped scramble eggs, toast bread, and cook sausages. The guys all got there one after the other. Jake finally arrived and took one look at me and said. "Wow, you look like you just ran three marathons, then climbed Mount. Everest." After breakfast the guys decided that we should all go to the beach as the snow had melted. It was a nice day, a little chilly but compared to the rest of the days it was warmer. We had all walked to the beach together and once we reached the beach the guys started playing soccer. They were running around shirtless in shorts and barefoot. I thought that they were crazy. Half way through the game Jake came over to me. "Are you okay?" He looked really worried. Looking at the guys and people sitting about eight feet away I shrugged. "Just didn't sleep well last night." Jake noticed that I didn't want to talk in front of everyone. He got up and grabbed my hand. We started walking not going in any specific direction. Just walking along the beach. Once we were a ways off Jake asked me. "So what keeps you up at night making it so that you have to drink two cups of coffee before ten o'clock?" I just shrugged. "You'll just think its stupid." Jake looked at me, grabbing my hand. "Nikki. If its something that's keeping you up and scares you it's not stupid. I would never think you were stupid." We kept walking. "It was just a dream." I said shrugging my shoulders. "What was the dream about?" "In my dream I was in a clearing in the woods. The clearing was pretty and I felt safe there. I saw a wolf walk into the clearing and he was walking towards me. I felt safe with the wolf, but then it got cold in the clearing. The sky went grey, and the grass died. The wolf was growling at something behind me. When I turned around, there were two guys. They were both really pale, had red eyes and had brown and blonde hair. I felt terrified of them. They looked at me like they wanted to hurt or kill me. I woke up when they were running at me and the wolf." Jake was still walking beside me but his fists were balled up so tightly that his knuckles were white. He stopped and turned to me. "Nikki, I would never let anyone hurt you. You know that right?" I just nodded my head.

Two days later I was hanging out with the girls, Rachel, Emily, Kim and Lacy. We were just baking cookies when Emily asked. "So, you and Jake have been hanging out a lot." I looked at her. "Yeah. So?" Rachel just smiled. "We are just wondering whether you and Jake are dating." I looked at the girls, and nervously laughed. "Um, we haven't really been hanging out in that sort of way. Like don't get me wrong I think he is really good looking, but I don't think he likes me in that way." The girls all just laughed. "Oh honey, he most definitely likes you in that sort of way." Emily said. I went back to mixing the cookies.

Authors Note. Hey everyone, will try to update every couple of days. Please I would love to hear what you all think of my story.