Chapter 3

Everyone stared in awe at the empty space of the machine.

"She did it!"

"We are saved!"

Everyone in the room started clapping and cheering. Jack smiled to himself and started walking out of the room, relief washing over him. She was safe and the war would soon be over.

Back in the room, Boss and his workers around the machine asked everyone to leave them alone. Everyone obeyed and began to trail out of the room, one by one.

"What now, Boss?"

Silence filled the room before Boss answered.

"Destroy the TM1."

————————————————————————————————————————————

Frye? Where had she heard that name before? Ruby stopped in her track and began to listen in on the conversation that was happening on the rooftop. To her despair, whoever was up there was talking too quietly for her to catch any important information. She was about to leave, when an idea sprang in her mind. Rummaging through her satchel, she pulled out I.B, who seemed to be in a sleep-like state.

"Hey I.B, start up. I need your help," she whispered to the robot.

The globe-like robot's eye lit up and I.B flew out of the bag.

"What is it? If it requires me to eavesdrop, I don't want to."

Ruby sighed.

"Unfortunately for you, that is exactly what I need you to do. On the roof are three people, by the sounds of it. I need you to discretely fly up there and listen in on their conversation and report back to me. Understood?"

"What is in it for me?"

"Are you serious right now? We are wasting time here."

"I won't do anything if I don't get something from it."

"Shut it, globe, or I will reprogram you!"

I.B began tooting loudly and a few passers-by looked at the girl and the robot confused. A few even stopped to stare at the pair.

"You do as I say or I will report back to your master that you are dysfunctional and need to be sent to the lab," Ruby threatened quickly, grabbing I.B and holding the robot in-between her hands.

I.B let out a metallic gasp.

"You wouldn't!"

Ruby smiled to herself, proud to have found a way to convince I.B to do whatever she wanted him to do.

"I would and unless you want to have open wire surgery from me in this very street, I suggest you fly up and see who those people are."

I.B let out a groan and flew out of her hands and near the three people that were silently discussing on the roof. The small robot latched onto a large chimney, recording the conversation that was happening.

————————————————————————————————————————————

Evie and Jacob Frye stared at the Indian man in white assassin robes that climbed onto the roof that they were on. Furthermore, he seemed to know exactly who they were. After getting to know him as Henry Green, the runaway twins were curious about Crawford Starrick and what was happening in London. They did not see the white robot that was attached onto the red chimney, a few meters away.