Epilogue

A/N
Hey guys, I need to know if chapter 25 uploaded?
//X//

A man in white assassin robes walked through the streets of Amritsar, tired and worn out from the day's work. He was looking forward to coming home to his wife, spending the last hours of the day in comfort and peace. Pushing open the front door of his house, he was immediately greeted by Evie, who flung her arms around him.

"Welcome home, Henry," she greeted him, giving him a kiss.

"Thank you. Shouldn't you be resting?" Henry asked her, placing his hands on her hips.

"Oh please. I am not fragile. Dinner is almost ready, so take a quick bath," she ordered, walking back into the kitchen.

Henry sighed and obeyed her orders.

Evie was setting the table, when she heard the front door being opened. Quietly taking the knife she had set down next to her plate, she began to sneak behind the big grandfather clock, peaking out of her hiding spot. Her eyes and ears were sharp, years of Assassin training boiling in her blood. She was about to jump out at the intruder, when she heard a familiar toot. Stepping out from behind the clock, she stared at I.B in disbelieve.

"I.B! What are you doing here? Is everything alright? Did something happen to Ruby?" Evie started to ramble as she lowered the knife, knowing that the robot would not visit without a reason.

I.B let out a metallic giggle and flew down on the table.

"I see you and Henry have been busy," the robot hinted, focusing on Evie's stomach.

"Do not try to change the subject. Did something happen?" Evie asked, worried about Ruby.

"Ruby is fine. Causing trouble, like always."

"Something tells me that you might be the one causing all the trouble."

I.B let out a disappointed toot, ignoring Evie's comment.

"The reason why I am here is that Ruby is planning on shutting down the TM2 in a few hours. No one is supposed to use it, but because I am not a person, I decided to go through and talk to you for a few minutes."

Evie looked at I.B surprised, not expecting the small robot to visit them. She heard heavy footsteps as Henry began descending the stairs.

"I heard voices. Is everything alright?" he asked, drying his hair with a towel.

He did not notice I.B in the room, until the small robot let out a celebratory toot.

"I.B! What happened? Is Ruby well?"

I.B let out a giggle at Henry's reaction. The couple fit together perfectly.

"Ruby is well. I.B is visiting us for the last time, before Ruby shuts down the time travelling machine," Evie informed Henry, filling him in on the detail.

"I suspect Ruby has everything in order, in your time? I made sure that the Brotherhood would recognise her if she ever contacted it," Henry informed I.B, sitting down at the table and squeezing Evie's hand.

"Yes, the Brotherhood accepted her proposal and the war is almost over. Ever since the Templar Grand Master was defeated along with Starrick, it was easy to stop the war. It has taken well over a year though and it took a lot of work to try and convince everyone to join Ruby's side. Especially when there were so many Templars in the organisation," I.B informed the couple.

"I have no doubt that she managed to convince everyone. For her it has only been a year since she last saw us. For us, it has been almost four years. Time is a strange thing," Henry realised.

"For her, you are long dead, considering that you are her great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents," I.B said, as a matter of fact.

"I.B, that ruined the mood," Evie informed the robot, trying to refrain herself from laughing.

She wasn't even in her thirties, yet whenever she and Henry talked about Ruby, it made her feel old whenever the generations between them were mentioned.

"I should head back, before Ruby shuts down the TM2 with me still in it," I.B informed Henry and Evie, flying up from the table and towards the door.

Evie didn't want the robot to leave yet. She wanted to hear more about Ruby and her world.

Henry took Evie's hand and squeezed it, giving her the strength she needed to follow the robot out of the house. Before Evie followed I.B, she walked towards a nearby drawer and took out a letter.

"I.B, this letter is for Ruby. I wrote it so that she would always have a part of us with her. Could you hand it to her please?" Evie asked, holding out the letter.

"Of course. She will be very happy to have heard from you," I.B told her, opening his compartment and allowed Evie to place the letter inside.

"Look after her, please. If she is anything like Evie, she will not stop working until someone physically stops her," Henry told I.B.

Evie laughed and shook her head.

"If she is anything like you, she will doubt herself most of the time," she retorted.

"Well luckily for you both, there are eight generations in between you," I.B said, letting out a toot.

"That too."

"Well, this is goodbye I guess," Evie muttered, her eyes downcast.

"Yes. I must go now," I.B noticed.

Silence weaved between the couple and the robot, all three not wanting to say goodbye. It was Henry, who mustered up his strength.

"Tell Ruby that we love her and make sure that she receives the letter."

Evie nodded in agreement.

I.B let out a sad toot, flying over to Evie and Henry. He gently bumped his globe-like body against their foreheads.

"All the best to you three," I.B wished them, just before disappearing.

Evie and Henry looked at the empty space that I.B left behind. Evie sighed deeply.

"I hope we helped her enough."

"Seeing that she is healthy and alive, we must have done something right," Henry reassured her, wrapping his arm around her.

"I certainly hope so. Yet I can't shake the feeling that something might still happen," Evie mumbled, looking at her husband uncertainly.

A/N

So like, what even is an upload schedule?

Thank you so much for taking the time and reading my first ever fanfic! To those who have been here from the beginning, thank you so much for sticking with me right to the end :) I have left this story open for a possible sequel, however, I haven't played Jack the Ripper, so I'll have to watch a play through before writing more.

I will also only write it if you guys want more of this. Sorry for the rushed ending...

You guys are awesome!

-Sophilllia