Chapter 21

Ruby sprinted to Jacob's cart, wanting to inform everyone about her new plans. She had reached the door when she heard shouting.

The twins were fighting, once again, but this time it seemed like their fight would have harsh consequences.

"I've been killing Starrick's henchmen. What have you been doing? Let's ask Henry, shall we?" Ruby heard Jacob shout.

"I have been repairing your mistakes. Too much haste is too little speed," Evie retorted, her voice rising.

"Don't you quote father at me!"

"That's Plato!"

Ruby watched the fight unfold. While the twins were about to tear each other's throats out, she ran to the cart where Henry was.

"Ruby! Is everything alright?" He asked, turning away from one of his spies.

"Henry, quick! It's the twins," Ruby huffed out of breath, ushering him to follow her.

Henry followed Ruby hesitantly, and immediately understood why she had called him the minute he saw the twins.

"Father is dead!" Jacob shouted, his voice straining.

His blade was raised, and he looked like he was about to kill his own sister.

Henry stepped in, raising his hand.

"Enough!"

The twins turned to him and Ruby noticed Evie looking down at the carpet.

"Whatever you two are fighting about has to stop. My spies have just informed me that Starrick will be at the Queen's ball tomorrow night. He plans on eliminating all heads of states and church. We do not have much time. If you really want to stop Starrick, tomorrow is your chance," Henry informed everyone, trying to distract Evie and Jacob from their fight.

"And if we don't stop Starrick now, the future will crumble. If he gets the shroud, the war in my time will continue on, more powerful and deadly than ever," Ruby added, stepping into the room.

"What do you mean?" Evie asked, turning to her.

"I have figured out the real reason why FPO sent me here. Please stop fighting and eliminate Starrick. The future is in your hands."

Jacob turned to his sister.

"Once more, for old time's sake?"

"And then we're finished," Evie whispered.

"What's the plan then?" Henry asked, looking at the twins and Ruby.

//X//

"Who exactly are we waiting for?" Ruby asked Evie, as they both were waiting outside the gates of a large building.

"I'm hoping that the Maharajah is here this morning. I need to inform him about the missing plans to Buckingham Palace," Evie informed her.

A few minutes passed and a Indian man walked towards the women, jewellery adorning his head and neck. His eyes widened in surprise as he saw Evie.

"Delighted to see you again, Miss Frye. Who is your friend?" he asked, as Evie and Ruby bowed their heads.

"This is Ruby, your majesty. She has been helping me these past few weeks," Evie introduced Ruby.

"It is an honour to make your acquaintance, your highness," Ruby said formally, bowing her head again.

"The pleasure is all mine. What brings you here?" the Maharajah asked.