My Brother's Best Friend (BJA)

Chapter One 

San's p.o.v

(a/n: I know thats not mikes real sisters name but hey play along :) ) 

They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade; but what if life gives your brother an insanely hot best friend what are you to do. I mean surely there's a rule right no dating sisters, though its completely harmless. Anyway Mike would never agree, let alone to it being Billie.

Sat at the kitchen table stuffing my face with a bowl of cereal as My brother Mike walked in; muffling "Morning" he sat the opposite side as i hand him the milk "Got anything planned for today?" He shrugs the question off before replying "The usual, you know." That was brothers for you, "Can I join you guys?" Giving me the curious look, answering "I I I I" He paused "I guess get your shoes" I shot him a smile before running into the hallway; grabbing the nearest pair. Soon I find my self on the back of a bike riding to Billie's house knocking on the front door; "Hey Ollie" she smiles as she opens the door wider "Billie, Mike's here he's brought a girl too?" seeing his head pop round as my brother says "I brought my sister if it's ok." he gestured to come in as we follow him to his basement spotting Tre behind the drum kit."So this is what you guys do?" Tre doing a crazy nod which I figure might resemble a yes as he says " Billie can we show her?"  Mike picking up his guitar as I sat on the sofa. 

- Hey there lookin' at me

tell me what do you see

but you quickly turn your head away

try to find the words I could us

don't have the courage to come up to you

my chance is looking grey...- 

Closing my mouth as I stare at them "It sounds great" seeing a soft smile from my brother as Tre blurts "Isn't it, tell me do you like doughnuts?" Raising my eyebrow at the question before nodding slowly "Mike you never said she liked doughnuts!" giving him a look. My brother replying defensively " You never asked." Tre pausing to think about it "You know, I think your right I didn't" Looking over to Billie who was sat sorting his guitar I say "Do you guys mind I hang with you more often?" Tre and Mike glance to him "Yeah sure you can but on one condition..." Tre interrupting "You bring doughnuts!" Mike giving him a look as he continued " You can't tell anyone about the band yet"  pretending to zip my lips with my fingers. Tre crushing me with his arms "Welcome aboard!" Arriving home on my brother's bike I never realised how much my life would change with two new friends. 

~ A few weeks later~

The sound of a guitar still never failed to excite me, especially as I knew who was playing it. Sitting on the sofa surrounded by them Billie walking to the fridge "Do you want a drink?"  the realisation kicking in as I blurt "Yes..please" as he pulls out a beer and a can of coke debating which one before throwing me the can, Tre pulling a face at me before saying "So San what are your veiws on pizza toppings?" For a simple question it made me think "eh i'm a magarita girl. He shares a look at Mike as he replies "This should be illegal, if only I was president" watching as he drifted into planet Tre. My brother, being him tried to make it less awkward "You can't play anything can you San?" Looking embarrased trying to hide my face into the cushion - which I think is a perfectly good reaction; sitting in a room with people that have more talent than I've got hair on my head -  "Billie you could teach her piano right? It's easy for a first try." 

Billie, me , piano. coming to terms with the question as I shout "No! Wait yes" All staring at me as if the out burst had killed someone. The silence falling then broken by Billie "Yeah I guess I could teach her a little." My eyes widen did he just accept? This can't happen. The burn of excitement climbing through my body; only to realise I had spaced out for the past ten minutes. Hearing laughter, I felt the heat of my cheeks as Tre says "Earth to San this is Tre your captain speaking" zoning back. It sounded like we were going to stay the night by the conversation Mike was having with our mom on the phone before telling me the news; putting my head on the arm rest listening to the chatter before it slowly started to disappear. 

Waking up to the odd smell of ink I decided to look in the mirror oh god did I really think they'd spare me? Look at the doodles and words scribbled on my face and body although you could tell whos was whos "I give sprinkles"- Tre "Call me for this" -an arrow poing up my leg- Billie and "Sorry about the mess"- Mike. After spending most of the morning scrubbing at the notepad I called a body I saw the funny side appearing back to the smell of toast and the boys lounging about; Billie staring at the faint writing on my leg " YES, told you marker pen would last better." Glaring at him as I failed to cover it with my shorts. My brother jumping up in a shot of excitment " We wrote a new song!" as they all rushed to their corner.

-...Picture sounds

Of moving insects so surreal

Lay around

Looks like I've found something new...-

Looking at my brother I had a sense of pride; although I wasn't sure why but it felt great. As for Billie I guess its where it all started...