Seven

Chapter Seven 

Billie's p.o.v

A year gone and we're still together which kinda surprises me y'know I can be quite an obnoxious little shit when I wanted. Chilling in the basement with Mike and Tre, San ringing to say she'd be by later. We didn't really get up to much apart from some crude jokes and laughing. Sighing as I pulled myself up to answer the phone "Hello..."  

"Is this Green Day?" 

"Lead vocalist..." 

"We saw your advert and want you to send us a demo" 

Writing down the address before saying thanks and hanging up. Turning to Mike and Tre "I think we might just get signed" Their jaws dropping "You serious?" Nodding silently then saying " They want a demo." We thought for while considering the songs we could send. Spending the day recording we were joined by San; "Hey guys, what you doing?" Jumping to the question before anyone could spoil the surprise" Just recording some of our stuff." giving me a look as if to say fair enough. 

~ Three weeks later ~

Waiting anxiously for the phone to ring; it had been three weeks since we sent the demo. Maybe it got lost in the post or stolen? Sighing as I walked up the stairs to the house. The sound of the phone ringing as I rush  back down  Tre and Mike dive bombing each other Mike eventually getting hold of it;

"Hello we are calling to say...we like what we hear and want to see you in the studio tomorrow for a meeting and trial run" 

Mike stuttering a reply 

"O-o-ok uh three o'clock" 

Placing the phone on the table we all look at him as he says "They want us to go in tomorrow!" The smile on my face going as wide as it possible would. Jumping on Mike and screaming our heads off it was quite the celebration. San walking in to what probably looked like an overrun zoo; Squeezing her till she gasped  "We're going to a recording studio tomorrow!" Her face not seeming to change until it hit her "Your kidding me?"  Shaking my head as Tre's eyes widen "This means Crazy food parties...more doughnuts..." He grabs a suitcase from behind the door "I'm coming my babies." Mike looking confused "You brought your stuff?" Tre nodding "I had to be prepared for this moment!" Running upstairs to tell everyone; the unexplainable feeling getting bigger and bigger. 

Tomorrow came slower than we thought the long night finally over as we sat at the train station waiting for the 2'oclock train to come in. Looking at the address on the paper before the huge building in front of us, this was it walking inside; automatically greeted by a man in a suit " Follow me, please" Taking us to an office on one of the higher floors "Good afternoon you must be Billie,Tre and Mike am I right" We give each other a glance before answering with a nod the man continuing "We'd like to hear you play in the studio and consider signing you" Waliking into a sound proof recording room we got set up. 

Princess in a school girls dream

May I please speak with you

I'm having troubles with control 

And its all because of you... -

After about an hours wait came the moment that would either make us or break us..." Reviewing what you have recorded, I've decided I'm going to give you a chance...your signed." Feeling like I was about to breakdown and cry -Noted not the most manly of reactions; but can you blame me-  Tre jumping around like a hyperactive squirrel in a bag and Mike stood frozen. For the next week or two we spent our time with the producer and hitting the recording room. 

- Months Later- 

It took a while to get started but eventually we began to climb the charts especially after our album Dookie. We started living life on the edge, mobbed by screaming girls and partying. Preparing for our first tour next year; I guess we could go wild , the booze, the fun and the girls...which I'm sure San won't mind if I strayed a little...