Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Mike:

Bracing myself before entering Billie's room "Hey uh stupid question but um do you wanna come over and try again?" His head turning slowly glaring at me "What and just have her throw it in my face?"

"Well sitting here moping about her won't fix anything; Billie I know my her like the back of my hand and deep down I know a little part of her doesn't want to let go."

"Fine."

He sighs grabbing his shoes and walking back over to my house; jumping in to explain "She's not here right now which I thought would give you time to y'know work stuff out.

Billie:

I didn't really want to make an effort to get her back but I could at least look like I was; doodling in a notepad, waiting for time to pass.

The doorbell going as I shout up to Mike "I got it!" Opening the front door to San standing with the same guy muttering to myself great; he holds out his hand for a handshake, keeping my hand by my side. Taking them into the living room where Mike was sitting, a look of surprise on his face as she says "Mike...Billie, this is Logan." His friendly smile making me want to throw up "Logan this is my brother, Mike and his best friend..." Pausing before she says my name "Billie."

Sat ignorantly as I add on to the end "And her ex boyfriend." She gives me a deathly glare before going out into the kitchen to make drinks; returning a while later passing around cups purposely spilling mine over me. Smiling sarcastically as I say "Don't worry about it." Pulling off my shirt her eyes fixed on me for a while as she stutters "I-I- I'll just go get a towel." Clearing her throat as she gestures me to follow. "What are you trying to prove with a stunt like that?"

"Me? Your the one childish enough to throw tea at me!"

She scoff "Why are you even here? Wait let me guess Mike told you."

"Yeah, actually."

Staring her in the eyes and putting her hand on my chest; hearing her sigh " I don't want you say anything ok, nothing and I want you to look me in the eyes all the way through."

"Fine, but make it quick."

"You've heard this time and time again I know that but I truly am sorry not because I got caught or because i can't go to anyone else; but because I broke a heart and a promise. I told your brother I wouldn't do anything stupid and I did and it cost me everything."

Her eyes averting from me "Billie please we can't do this; you have to learn."

"I learnt my lesson the day you walked out, two months and now he's here; do you think I enjoy him sitting beside you doing everything I used to?"

"Not everything...he doesn't do wild things or where matching Halloween outfits."

Smiling "We can do all of that again."

Her head dropping looking down to the the floor "You want to know why he doesn't do everything you did?"

Looking at her intrigued as she finishes her sentence "Because he's not you." Hugging me tightly as she whispers "God I missed you." Quickly retreating "No, I can't..." She turns away to go back into the living room. Logan's face turning to confusion "You can't what?" She sighs as I watch on "I can't do this, I don't think we'll work out."

"Whoa what so we're breaking up here?"

Their heads turning to me as I blurt "What?!"

"Don't get me wrong you great, fabulous even but Billie took me first and he'll always have me."

He glares at me before he says "I'll see you around then." Picking up his coat and walking out. Mike and me staring at her in astonishment as I stammer "B...b...but?" She kisses me before replying "You might be an ass but your mine." Tre walking into the room "Seriously?! I missed everything?" Chuckling as I squeezed San, I wasn't going to make that mistake ever again.