Three

Chapter Three

Halloween the time of year where they say the dead walk the earth; but in reality pre-pubescent boy's and girl's go round asking for candy from complete strangers. Billie and Tre turning up at the front door dressed up and ready as I make my way downstairs Billie smiles noticing the fact I had taken up the idea of going as Sally. Finishing off the last few bits and saying goodbye we went off into the night; going from area to area. It must have been a good half hour when Tre had the crazy idea to go to an all welcome Halloween party. Arriving at the open doors we separated throughout the house. Downing every drinkable liquid there was to try and block out the thought of reason that shadowed my mind; I searched for the others. 

Finding them, Tre dancing Mike talking and Billie...where was Billie, spending the next hour attempting to climb the stairs and falling over a cat I eventually found him talking to a girl. I approach him standing in front of the less intoxicated female "Billie I've been looking for you everywhere!" He stares at me before asking "How drunk are you?" Giving him an innocent face " I don't know what your talking about" Hearing a sigh "Want me to take my shirt off?" Staring at him "Please" His soft expression turning to a glare, frowning I say " What? I said please."  Feeling him pick me up and put me over his shoulder passing out. The soft pillow comforting the hangover that was wreaking havoc in my head; waking up to a clear faced Billie on the floor. "Billie...Billie, where am I?"  Watching as he stretches across the floor mumbling "It's ok your mom knows your here"

My brother squeezing the life out of me like I had been gone forever "I'm so glad Billie picked you up" my head still pounding as I reply "Yeah...me too." Trying to recover some kind of memory last night; interrupted by my brother's voice "Anyway he's coming over today." Running up stairs to sort my self out, by which time he had arrived "Hey dude" watching him  from the top of the stairs waiting a while before joining them. He asks "How's the head?" closing my eyes as I reply " Ugh terrible." Taking the spare seat at the end as my brother exclaims "Oh no..I left the book upstairs I'll be right back!" Sitting in the awkward silence as Billie says "So...you wanna hangout tomorrow?" I ignore the question for a while looking round the room and answering "Yeah I guess...." 

Billie's p.o.v 

I've been thinking about this and well I think I might just do it, I'll ask my best friend's sister out. From these past few weeks I have learned some things; like if you still like a girl when she's absolutely wasted and looks like crap you know you've found her. I know I'll be breaking the brother code, he'll kill me; but sometimes you just got to follow what you want. "You been practising?" she shakes her head before replying "Ain't nobody got time for that." Saved by Mike as he walks in "Sorry it took a while." Giving him a nod, he hands the book with all our band notes  I say "Thanks" giving a glance to San and standing up to get the new song out of my pocket. Unfolding it,  longview. Mike working out the guitar part as San asks " could I hear it?" clearing my throat I stutter "I-I-I haven't really finished." Her face dropping, oh boy.

Spending the day being awkward wasn't really on my list of things to do; I thought of a way I could make tomorrow as awesome as possible. Sitting at home on the sofa I resulted in advice from my mom she must know how girls work. "Mom how can you ask a girl out?" She gives me a look of confusion before replying "I thought you'd already know?" Staring down at the floor "well...yeah but I was fifteen and I really want to be serious about it." She sighs before thinking about it. Make way for the longest conversation of my life...