Twelve

Chapter Twelve 

Billie:

Stood on Mike's door step in the middle of February, I wouldn't complain if I didn't choose to wear a short sleeve t-shirt; freezing my ass off as San answers being dragged inside her voice having a hit of concern "What the fuck are you thinking standing out there dressed like that?" 

"Well I looked out the window and thought it's so frosty and nice outside I might just go get hypothermia!" Glaring at me our argument ceasing as Mike appears "Can you guys at least wait until after breakfast to fight?" Sitting at the table as we sulk like little children San kicking me under the table chuckling as a foot war breaks out, my head snapping round as she cries "Billie!" Smirking as Mike gives us both a look, he says "You guys do know its Valentines day right?" My eyes widening, shit. San laughing under her breath as she says "I guess we'll be doing the same old thing?" 

"No we can go out...I'll take you uptown...to one of those restaurants y'know that posh one you were looking at or something." 

"You have yourself a date Mr Armstrong." She smiles running upstairs to get ready Mike giving me a grin as he says "I take it your still trying to make it up to her?"

"Yeah, I haven't felt so grateful in my life right now." 

He ruffles my hair as he laughs "You might be the oldest but I'll always be the wisest, now you gotta date to get on." Smiling as I meet up with San in the hall way.

Arriving at the restaurant we look around San whispering "Look at this place." Being guided to a table, browsing the menu before being approached by a waiter "What can I get you?" 

"I'll have whatever that is."

The waiter raising an eyebrow "Uhm, right and for the lady?" 

"I'll have what he's having." 

Receiving a few dirty looks, it was nice to know we were looked down on; the food arriving as San blurts "What is that, it looks vile?" The glares becoming an audience as I say "San you can't just say that." 

"Sure I can and I ain't eating it either!" Eventually getting her to simmer down as she asks "Can't they stare at something else?" She smirks, that was never a good sign as she begins making sexual noises laughing as I say "What are you doing?" 

"Giving them something to look at the stuck up idiots...Oh wow Billie!" 

Her little antic drawing a crowd as she suddenly stops "Wanna go get a coffee?" 

"Yeah, I don't like this place." 

"I guessed that." 

Clearing up and heading to the coffee shop across the street, sitting by the window as I say "Well that was eventful." She chuckles and there we were just like old times.