PSA: CAN EVERYONE STOP HAVING SO MANY GODDAM CHARACTERS

Jesus Christ! The amount of books I've read recently that have 20+ MAIN characters is actually astounding. 20+ main characters that I have to remember!

If you have a ton of characters, I can assure you that people will not only get confused but also makes none of your characters stand out as the plot is constantly diverting to other characters.

To make your character unique, you need to spend a lot of time developing your character which means that when you have loads of people means you can't focus on that one character.

I have no objection to having a few other characters which the story revolves around, but when you get past ten you need to re-evaluate your story. Do you really need those extra characters?

Excessive characters will put off any reader as having to remember everyone will prove a challenge. If you really want to include a load of characters, start off with one or two and slowly weave in the other ones so the reader has time to process what is happening.

In one of my books series, I had 27 named characters which is far too many.

So please, limit your main characters to one or two. It will be best in the long run.

Unique superpowers (just cause I feel like this isn't a full chapter)

This chapter kind of only applies to characters that are superhuman/mutant who have superpowers #sorry. So basically, loads of characters have the same superpowers and honestly it's so boring. Like I don't care if you're invisible or can shoot ice. You're not Elsa- get over yourself.

Why not just give your character a really random/ seemingly useless superpower which actually turns out to be useful in the long run. Like being able to kill plants by touching them. I don't know that was random but you get the picture. This pure originality makes your character like no other and makes your character so unique that every other writer will be jealous of you and your amazing imagination.