plot armour [requested]

Plot Armour- plot devices in books that prevent important characters from dying or being seriously injured at dramatically inconvenient moments.

Plot Armour tends to be more common in action packed stories where there is a lot of fighting or where many dramatic events are happening in quick succession.

The issue with plot armour is that it makes the story suddenly extremely unbelievable. If your character gets stabbed in the chest- they're dead. Or it's going to take them ages to recover. They can't just wake up the day after and be happy as ever with no aches or pains.

Injuring your main characters may seem inconvenient but it can actually be an amazing addition to your plot. Making your character struggle will give your plot a sense of tension, and your readers will anxiously be waiting for the next obstacle your character will have to face with this new injury.

There is no point in putting your character in fatal situations if they come out of them without a scratch because I can assure you that readers don't buy that kind of stuff.

Making your characters suffer and struggle will bring out more elements to them and make them seem more human. It can also add humour in your story, depending on how you write the injury.

This was a requested chapter- comment any more suggestions you have!