Wicked Secrets

The next week, Zelena was alone at the field waiting for Daniel. Cora had convinced Henry to ask Regina to visit  commoners for a day. A part of Zelena felt jealous that her father had not asked her, but if she could spend her riding lessons with Daniel and Daniel alone, she wasn't gonna complain. He was the one person who preferred her over Regina and Zelena loved that. Except he was late, as Zelena tried to make sure she looked good she heard a loud shriek.

"What was that!" Zelena looked and saw a little girl on an out of control horse.

Zelena staggered than jumped onto the horse and ran after her. Of course she wasn't very good on a horse and she realized she wasn't going to reach her.

So she did something she was pretty uncomfortable with. Use magic without her mother making her. With a flick of the wrist, Zelena's horse was right next to the girl's and Zelena grabbed her arm and yanked her to the other horse. Snow than fell to the ground and Zelena jumped off.

"Are you alright!?" Zelena screamed. "You need to be more careful next time."

"Thank you so much! I'm fine." The girl replied as leaped to Zelena to hug her. "But, I'm never going back on a horse!"

"Your welcome,"Zelena smiled not really caring that she was planning on living in fear. "What's your name."

"Snow, Snow White."

"Well, Snow White, I'm Zelena. Now, you don't seem injured." Zelena said as she checked her. "Your family must be worried sick. Do you know where they are."

Snow nodded and Zelena smiled softly." Well than I suggest you find them."

The next day, Zelena was getting ready for riding lessons. Just than, her mother walked in with Regina, who was wearing baby blue riding clothes.

Zelena raised her eyebrow,"Did something come up?"

"Yes," Cora exclaimed. "You've finally done something right! Yesterday you saved a little girl."

"You did," Regina smiled. "That's wonderful!"

Zelena smirked realizing she finally did something better than her perfect sister, with the gorgeous chocolate brown eyes and raven hair that did everything right and was the apple of her father's eye. Now it was her turn for jealousy.

"Yes, and she's the king's daughter." Cora remarked.

"What!" Zelena turned around shocked. Snow was a princess! Despite Cora training her daughters to become queens, they weren't princesses. Their father was a prince, but wasn't they eldest, so he didn't become a king, he was now a valet, so Zelena had a good idea where this was going.

"He's coming here to meet you." Cora smirked and flicked her wrist and Zelena's riding clothes turned to an elegant green gown. Everyone thought green was a good color on Zelena. Regina's clothes turned into a purple dress.

Soon enough, the king walked in and began to praise Zelena. He finished by saying,"My dear wife Eva has unfortunately died and I have searched far and wide for a wife to become a mother to Snow."

"I'm so sorry," Zelena said already knowing what was happening next.

"So..." King Leopold nealed one leg."Will you marry me?"

Before Zelena could react, her mother already accepted the proposal. Zelena looked her sister and father, hoping they would object, but her father gave her a sad expression and Regina just had a blissful smile as though this was good thing!

Daniel was the first person to pick Zelena over Regina. She was daddy's little princess. Their mother, had insisted on giving her magic lessons. Sure so far Regina was resisting, it was only a matter of time before Regina became a perfect witch too. Also, mother often boasted about Regina's beauty. How gentle she was or how valiant. Though being a queen would give her something her sister didn't, Zelena knew it was only a matter of time before Cora manipulated a king into proposing Regina. But, Zelena had something Regina would never have; Daniel!

As soon as she was had time to herself, she snuck out the estate and found her way to the stables. She ran into Daniel's arms and sobbed, telling him all about the King and her proposal.

"Well, what shall we do!" Daniel exclaimed, "A stable boy can't just ask the king not to marry someone!"

"We run!" Zelena remarked."Take me away from the kings, the controlling mothers, and everything!"

It took some convincing, but he finally relented and agreed to run with her.

Daniel grabbed a ring off one of the stables and knealed on one leg. "Will you marry me?"

"In a heartbeat!" And the two lovers kissed. But that was interrupted by a gasp.

They turned and saw the Regina had entered the stables and had seen them. Before Daniel or Zelena could do anything, Regina had sprinted. Fearing her sister could ruin her plans, Zelena ran after her.

"Regina! Regina please, stop!" Zelena called after her.

But the younger sister didn't stop, but tripped over a rock and fell.

"Are you okay!" Zelena knealed on the ground next to her.

"I'm fine," Regina stated," but you're cheating on the king."

"Look Regina you can't tell anyone, especially not mother!" Zelena begged.

"But your a cheater!" Her sister said.

"You don't understand! What Daniel and I have is true love!" Zelena said. "I don't love the king."

"Why not?"

"I'm sure he'd be a lovely husband but you can't force true love." Zelena insisted.

"But Snow was so happy to have a mother again!" Regina protested.

"He's the king! He'll find another bride." Zelena replied. "What I have with Daniel is real."

Regina sighed, she was old enough to know that a random proposal was not equivalent to a love story.

"You're in love!" She smiled.

"Yes, I am!"

"Well, that's an interesting development!" Regina joked. "I guess I'll go tell the king."

"No!" Zelena shouted. "You mustn't tell the king! Or anyone! Especially not mother!"

"What? Why not?"

"You know how mother is! She'll never approve of a stable boy!"

"But we tell her it's love!" Regina started.

"She won't care! Love is weakness, remember!" Zelena interrupted.

"But-"

"But, nothing Regina! Mother will separate us and then I can never be happy! She's the reason we're running away!" Zelena ranted."Regina you get everything! Beauty! Talent! Just give me this! Just give me Daniel! Promise you won't tell anybody!"

Regina was silent, so Zelena said again."Promise!"

"I promise!" Regina said. "Nobody is going to find out! I promise."

"Thank you!" The elder sighed in relief. "I'm gonna miss you so much. But this has to be."

And the two sisters hugged.