Chapter 6

Goten and Trunks laughed as they ran away from Gohan, who was covering his eyes and counting to twenty. They were currently playing hide and seek and Gohan was the one who had to seek. He chuckled to himself as he heard the kids' laughter all the way down the hall.
"17, 18, 19, 20! Ready or not, here I come!!" Gohan yelled out, not worried that someone else might hear him. He wondered the halls, thinking of where those kids could possibly be hiding. Gohan stopped walking and searched with his senses finding that Goten was hiding in a nearby room. Slowly, Gohan pushed his head through the door and glanced into the room. To amuse his brother, as the two children called them his brother, he pretended that he didn't know where the little boy was.
"Goten? Are you in here?" Gohan called, looking underneath the bed and behind the door. He already knew where the boy was. He walked over to the closet and jumped dramatically through the door, laughing when the little boy fell over from fright.
"I found you!" He yelled.
"No fair, big brother, you cheated!" Goten yelled, pouting.
"What? No of course not!" Gohan said with a smile on his face.

Together they started searching for Trunks. They found him hiding in one of the kitchen cupboards.
"Geez, Trunks. That was a clever hiding place," Goten complimented, rubbing the back of his head with a wide smile on his face.
"Well of course, I am better than you," Trunks said, a smug look on his face.
"Lunch!!" Chi-Chi yelled, grabbing the two boys' attention.
"Come on big brother! Before the others eat all the food!" Trunks yelled as he ran from the room, Goten hot on his heels.
It was one of the group's annual lunch day things. Chi-Chi and Bulma had started it around four years ago, they would cook up a storm and invite the entire group. It just so happened to be the day before he died, though Gohan couldn't remember anymore. He could hardly remember anything now. Gohan doesn't even remember the reasoning by his great anger for Goku, he doesn't even know if he had met the man before, all he knew was that everytime the man's name was mentioned, he was blinded by his rage and would need to leave Capsule Corporation completely, not wanting the only two people who can see him, see him so angry.

Gohan slowly walked to the backyard where everyone was sitting around on picnic blankets, having conversations and occasionally laughing. Even Piccolo, Tien and Chiaotzu came along with Dende. Gohan stood to the side, longing to be a part of this memorable moment. He can't remember why, but he often wishes to be part of family moments. Does it have something to do with his past life? Maybe, he was ignore when he was alive, perhaps that's the reason why he always lonhed to be part of things like these. He knew he couldn't though, so settled for just watching from the side-lines.
"So, are you guys going to enter the World Martial arts tournament?" Chi-Chi asked curiously.
"I was thinking of entering, there is alot of money to be won," Eighteen explained glancing about the others.
"Krillin's entering, too," she continued.

"I think I'll enter, too!" A voice said.
Everyone glanced around, shocked at the person talking to them.
"Goku!!" Krillin exclaimed.
In everyone's excitement, they all stood up, looking towards the sky.
"Is that really you?" Yamcha asked.
"You bet!" Goku said, his voice as friendly as always.
"Oh, Goku!" Chi-Chi said, tears building in her eyes.
"It's good to hear your voice, Chi-Chi," Goku answered.
"Are you really entering the tournament, Goku?" Krillin asked.
"Yeah! Turns out, I have a little credit! I get to come back for a whole day!" Goku said, excitement clear in his voice.
"Well if Kakarot's entering, then so am I," Vegeta stated.
"It'll be interesting, I bet," Yamcha said.
"Another chance at beating Kakarot, I must admit I'm excited," Vegeta said, a smirk on his face.
"Beat me? Well I guess miracles do happen," Goku answered.

Gohan felt an overwhelming feeling of anger rush through him, it was close to hatred. Just hearing that man's voice, he was absolutely livid. Gohan wanted to leave, but stuck around to see how the other's reacted to. Once the man's voice left, promising to see them at the tournament, everyone cheered. Chi-Chi enveloped her son in a hug.
"Oh Goten, you get to meet your daddy! You finally get to meet your daddy," Chi-Chi cheered, nearly hugging the life out of the boy. Gohan felt a tickling sensation on his cheek, he raised his hand and touched where it tickled, noticing a wetness. He was crying. But why? Why did this entire situation make him so upset? Gohan turned quickly and left, not noticing the two boys staring after him.