Chapter 16

Buu laughed as he turned another woman and child into candy, picking it up and placing it in his mouth, sucking on the delicious treat. He flew away coming across a deserted place where he would be building his house. Once finished he bathed, slept and such until he was interrupted. Once he went outside, he met a strange man, Hercule Satan, he had called himself. Befriending this man, he met another strange being, a puppy. Buu was quite happy and had promised his new friends that he wouldn't kill anymore. That is, until mister Satan was killed. Buu had managed to bring the man back, but was so angry that he created a cloud of smoke that was coming from the holes in his head. Out of the cloud, came a taller, skinnier and greyish Buu. The two fought, with the winner being the new Buu, or as the original had called him, bad Buu. Bad Buu had managed to change the original into chocolate, and devoured him. Another change took place and out came an even stronger Buu. He set off, in search of some worthy opponents and candy.

"Goku, you can take him on, right?" Krillin asked as the Z warriors stood in the middle of the lookout.
"No I can't, he's just to powerful!" Goku yelled.
"Man, what are we gonna do?" Krillin asked.
"What we need, is Gohan!" Goku answered, his hands turned into fists.
"Why not gather the dragon balls and wish him back?" Bulma suggested.
"We won't have enough time, will we?" Krillin asked.
"Of course we will, you know how fast Goku can gather the dragon balls if he really needs to," Bulma answered.
"Alright. We need the radar, Bulma, where is it?" Goku asked.
"At Capsule Corp. Just ask my dad, he'll know where it is," Bulma explained.
"Hold on, Kakarot, I'm coming too," Vegeta said.
"What?! But what if Buu comes here?!" Krillin yelled, his expression showing his worry.
"I doubt he'll find this place," Goku reassured. Vegeta nodded at the others and placed his hand on Goku's shoulder before the two vanished.

"I think I'm going to put this one to bed, he must be exhausted," Chi-Chi said, looking down at the child in her arms. Goten had fallen asleep in his mother's arms, exhausted from all his crying.
"Can I come to? I just-I don't want him to be alone," Trunks said, slightly shy.
"Good idea, Trunks. Go on ahead," Bulma agreed, smiling at the purple haired child. Trunks walked alongside Chi-Chi until they reached a room, placing the boy down on the bed, she turned to leave.
"Maybe you should take a nap, too, Trunks," she suggested before leaving the room, closing the door behind her. Trunks climbed in the bed next to his best friend, watching him sleep for a while before falling into unconsciousness himself.

Gohan stirred in his sleep, his eyes slowly opening. Confused, he carefully sat up, forgetting where he was for a moment. He climbed off of the bed he lay in previously and walked out of the room towards where he could sense the others were. Once he was there, he watched as they played card games and entertained themselves. He frowned. Where was his father and Vegeta? He could sense Buu, more powerful than ever, coming in their direction. He glanced at the others, could they not sense him? Just as the thought crossed his mind, the Supreme Kai and Kibito turned, yelling for the others to be on their guard. Buu landed, looking quite different than he did before. Buu smirked, laughing quietly to himself as he looked everyone over, his eyes never once resting on Gohan.
"Where is that strong fighter, I want a good fight!" Buu said, laughing loudly this time. The Supreme Kai slipped away, running in the direction the boys were, Kibito following soon after. Shin knew that the only hope they had left, was to train these two boys and let them fight against Buu.

"He isn't here!" Piccolo answered, not sure of which fighter Buu was talking about.
"Where is he? I want a good fight!!" Buu yelled.
"Alright, listen here mister! I won't let any of my boys fight a monster like you! I just won't-" Chi-Chi yelled, walking up to Buu and yelling at him in his face, but stopped when he blasted her with his pinkish purple beam, turning her into an egg and crushing her. The others yelled in shock, not believing that Chi-Chi was now dead.
"Chi-Chi!!" Bulma screamed, shaking out of fear. Buu slowly started walking towards them, smirking as they all trembling in fear. Gohan stared at them, leaning against a wall. He didn't really feel anything when his mother was killed, he actually found it rather funny. Gohan knew it was wrong, but being forgotten, being seen only by children, it really messed with his emotions. He didn't feel the appropriate emotions at the right time.

Bulma felt tears gather in her eyes, worry and fear spreading through her. She started to pray to any God that would listen, to just please protect the boys.
"Please, save us, Gohan," she whispered as her tears fell, sliding down her cheeks. Gohan raised a brow, the way she said that, the pain and fear in her voice, tugged at his heart strings. Sighing silently, Gohan calmly walked and stood in front of the group.
"Gohan," Krillin said, clenching his eyes shut, contemplating whether or not he should go through with his plan to save the others. Just as he was about to do just that, Gohan appeared in front of them, already in his super saiyan form. Buu jumped slightly at the boy's sudden appearance. Gohan stared blankly at the pink monster in front of him.
"Why are you here?" Gohan asked, his voice cold, though he sounded utterly bored.
"So, I have finally found you. I want to fight, now!!" Buu demanded.
Gohan stared at Buu a while longer, face bored.
"No," he answered simply.

Buu and the rest of the group nearly fell over, is this kid crazy?! Buu frowned, growling at Gohan.
"Buu wants to fight, NOW!!" He screamed, raising his power level.
"And I said no," Gohan said, placing a hand on his hip, showing how much he really didn't care. Buu was screaming in frustration now.
"Maybe I'll fight you tomorrow," Gohan said. Buu stopped screaming and raising his power lever, looking almost curiously at Gohan.
"Leave and come back tomorrow, I'll fight you then," Gohan stated.
Buu frowned, but stood up straight again.
"Tomorrow," Buu stated.
"Yes, tomorrow," Gohan said and watched as Buu stared at him for a while before taking to the air and flying away. Bulma collapsed to her knees, crying in relief that they were alright and that Gohan had heard her. Gohan slowly turned to the group, staring at the relieved looks they all wore.

"Where is my father and Vegeta?" Gohan asked, raising a brow at them.
"They left to gather the dragon balls," Piccolo answered.
"They didn't think of leaving someone more capable of protecting you?" Gohan questioned.
"They didn't think Buu would be able to find us here," Piccolo said.
Bulma suddenly stood and hugged Gohan, shocking the demi saiyan.
"Thank you, Gohan," she cried, hugging him tightly. Gohan awkwardly hugged her back, not knowing what else to do.
Krillin stepped forward nervously.
"Uhm, Gohan? I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to do! I just felt the need to protect the others," Krillin apologised.
Gohan nodded at Krillin, he could understand the short man's reasoning. Once Bulma let go, Gohan gave her a small smile before he disappeared again. Bulma smiled at the spot where Gohan had stood. She was relieved. Even though Gohan acted as though he hated them, he would still save them. There was still a little bit of the old Gohan left. That sweet, innocent little boy.