Chapter 11

Babidi stood next to Buu laughing maniacally. This was perfect! He'd caught the Supreme Kai off guard.
"Buu destroy them!" Bobidi yelled, pointing at the group of fighters.
"Oh no you don't, you're going to jail!!" Videl yelled.
Though she could barely stand, she took on her fighting stance, wanting to protect these people who were screaming and running for dear life.
Gohan stood behind his friends, watching the entire scenario play out. So this was Buu, huh?
"No!" Goku yelled as Buu charged at Videl. The poor girl couldn't react fast enough as Buu's fist landed in her stomach. The force was enough to make Videl fold over his fist. She went flying backwards and into Goku who was trying to catch her. The force of which her body had been repelled backwards made Goku skid backwards on his feet before he planted them firmly, stopping a few inches away from the wall.

Babidi continued to laugh, finding the entire situation quite hilarious.
"Are you alright?" Goku asked the girl who was laying in his arms.
Videl let out pained noises, but managed to nod through the pain, blood dripping from her mouth and down her chin.
Goku placed her on the floor gently and stood, glaring viciously at Buu who was dancing in circles around Bobidi, jumping from one foot to another.
"You monster!" Goku yelled, growling through his teeth. Goku spread his legs apart, crouching down a bit, his fists at his side as he started screaming. The dramatic rise of his power and the wind that was whipping around them caught Buu's attention.

"Mmm?" Buu tilted his head, looking Goku over before laughing in a childish manner. The Z warriors were all on guard, watching and calculating the situation.
Once Goku had stopped powering up, he charged at Buu, ramming his fist in the pink monster's round belly. His fist was bounced back. Goku made a sound of surprise before continuing, throwing numerous punches and kicks at Buu who hardly blocked them at all. As they were fighting they slowly lifted into the air a few feet above the stadium ring. Gohan stood behind Trunks and Goten, watching as his father fought. Gohan was on his guard though he knew that Buu wouldn't attack him seeing as he is dead. He stood on guard in case he needed to protect the boys or his mother and Bulma. He knew that when it came down to it, he would do everything in his power to save them. Perhaps his secret training would pay off?

"Ahh!" Goku yelled out as he was sent plummeting back towards the ring. Buu had managed a hard kick to his side and caught him off guard by folding his hands and hitting him hard atop his head.
"Kakarot!" Vegeta yelled out, running towards his fallen comrade.
"I'll take over," Vegeta said once he reached Goku and knelt down.
"Sure, go for it," Goku said, panting as he slowly sat up.
Buu landed a few feet away from them, moving his arm to try and loosen the stiff muscles.
Vegeta was instantly on his guard, quickly falling into a fighting stance. Buu ignored Vegeta and ran his gaze over the group in front of him about twice. His gaze finally came to a stop on the two children. Trunks and Goten instantly took a fighting stance, though nervous at seeing how easily Buu had defeated Goku.

"Trunks, I'm scared," Goten said, though keeping up a tough front, Goten couldn't stop the need to cry from washing over him.
"I know!" Trunks said, shaking slightly from the overwhelming power coming off of Buu.
"Don't worry, I'll protect you," Gohan said from behind them. Those words alone were enough to calm the two children momentarily.
"Buu fight boy, boy look strong!" Buu said, slightly stretching his last word.
Buu jumped and flew at them, fist ready to attack as he flew past Vegeta.
"No!" Vegeta screamed.
"Dodge!" Goku yelled getting to his feet as he and Vegeta raced after Buu to try and stop him.
"We're not going to make it!" Goku yelled in despair.

Goku knew the boys would die if they didn't stop Buu before he reached the children. He felt the power surging from the monstrosity and knew, though brave, they just weren't strong enough!
Goten yelped as Buu came flying to them, his knees shaking, tears pricking at his eyes. He knew he was showing weakness, but he couldn't help it. He was just a child after all! The two children tried to brace themselves. Doubt started to cross their minds. Are they going to be able to fight Buu? Would they survive this battle? Can their big brother truly protect them?

"No!!" Chi-Chi wailed, running for her son to try and move him out of the way.
"Chi-Chi!!" Bulma screamed, reaching out to grab her friend and stop her. Bulma's fingers just barely grazed the fabric of Chi-Chi's dress.
"Goten, no!!" Goku screamed, he couldn't bare the thought of losing yet another son.
"Get out of the way, kids!!" Piccolo yelled as he and Krillin charged for the two boys.
Fear was rolling off of the two boys. They might be brave, but the power surging from Buu was frightening, and the way everyone was screaming, telling them to dodge and rushing for them was just adding to their anxiety, making them freeze up, not being able to dodge or move.
The boys felt warmth coming from behind them and the feeling of pure energy rolling over them, it calmed their rapidly beating hearts, calming their souls.
"After all," Gohan continued as he powered up.
"I did make a promise," Gohan said as he rushed forward from between the two boys.

Gohan met Buu halfway, their fists slamming together and causing a massive shockwave to roll over the entire stadium, knocking the warriors, who were rushing over to Trunks and Goten, back a few feet. They had to cover their eyes as dust and rubble flew around wildly before finally settling down. Once the rubble was gone the warriors turned, staring at the scene before them in shock.
Buu's fist was stopped by another, a golden aura whipping around the boy's entire body.
"I've said this before and I'll say it again," the boy started, voice and energy familiar.
"Don't hurt the boys," the boy continued, his hair golden and standing on end, eyes a furious blue-green.
"Or you'll regret it," the voice took on a familiar angry tone.
The reason why his voice, energy and, to Piccolo, his laugh, was familiar, is because they knew him. A person who had died long ago, a name that was forbidden from being spoken.
"Gohan,"