Chapter Two (Part 1)

"Breathe, Kenzie." I put my hand on her back. Mckenzie exhaled steadily but then whipped her head in my direction.

"What if he doesn't like my dress?" she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Mckenzie, Connor is going to love your dress because it is exquisite and you look absolutely breath-taking, okay? Relax, girl. This is it. This is your wedding day and it is going to be perfect." I assured her. She offered me a smile.

"Thank you." She chuckled. At the sound of a violin playing a soft melody I knew that everyone was seated and the ceremony was about to start. I smiled at Mckenzie, squeezing her hand.

"Let's do this." I told her.

The ceremony was being held at the Meyer Hills Botanical Gardens, the place where Connor and Mckenzie had their first date and where he'd proposed to her. This place had a lot of sentimental value to them both and the fact that it was beautiful was a bonus.

We were in the centre of the gardens where a fountain stood in the middle of the paved circle. The fall had the trees bare and had the leaves littering the ground in various shades of orange, brown and gold, tying in with the wedding decorations perfectly.

All of the bridesmaids lined up ahead of Mckenzie. It was me in front, followed by Kylie, Arianna, Victoria then Candice. We had to walk down the aisle before her and then her father would walk her down the aisle. I had to admit that the bridesmaids looked pretty good in the dresses.

The strapless, cream coloured numbers reached just above the knee and was covered in matching French lace. The dress was finished off with a thin red belt around the waists, nude heels and a bouquet of red roses. All of our nails and make-up matched, bloodred lips and nails. All of our hair was straightened and neatly put to one side. We were like gorgeous little clones.

I listened to the violin playing at the end of the aisle in the open garden where all the guests were seated, waiting for the part in the piece that gave us our cue to proceed down the aisle. When I heard it I started walking down the paved pathway that had browning vegetation on either side.

I was followed by the other girls as we walked down the aisle through the garden until we reached an open area that was lined with chairs filled with over 250 guests. I was surprised that the place was able to accommodate all the people.

At the end of the aisle, Connor stood there in his black tux and cream tie. He had a nervous look on his cleanly shaven face. As I neared the altar I was happy to see that he didn't look anything like he did this morning. He looked like he'd had a good night's sleep because his forest green eyes looked alive but that was probably from the fact that he was going to marry the woman he loved today. He stood with his hands clamped together in front of him.

To his left, his groomsmen stood, all in tuxes and bloodred ties. They all looked quite content. Best man, Mason, stood closest to Connor, followed by twins AJ and Alessio, then Owen and then Alex. I was relieved to see that all of them had shaken off their hungover looks and seemed to have cleaned up well.

I reached the end of the altar and at Connor's request he gave me a peck on the cheek and thanked me softly. He then did that with all of the other girls as we stood to the right of the altar. When Connor was done thanking us the lone violinist completed playing her piece and then moved to sit next to the other members of the string quintet that was asked to play for the ceremony.

A new modernized version of the wedding march floated through the air as bows moved against strings and I knew it was time. Everyone looked to the aisle and there standing next to her father who was dressed in an immaculate suit was my best friend.