Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N SOMETHING WENT REALLY WRONG WHEN I PUBLISHED THIS CHAPTER THE FIRST TIME AND I CAN'T FIX IT SO UNTIL I CAN FIGURE WHAT WATTPAD DID TO MY CHAPTER THERE'S GONNA BE HORRENDOUS MISTAKES AND INCONSISTENCIES.

I ALSO LOST ALL THE VOTES AND COMMENTS THE CHAPTER GOT WHEN IT WAS PUBLISHED AND I'M SUPER UPSET BUT ANYWAY HERE IT IS AND I HOPE IT'S READABLE.

I'M REALLY SORRY, PANCAKES.

XOXO

K

When I woke up there was already a smile on my face. I giggled, a strange sound that I didn't usually make.

I remembered last night and couldn't keep my lips from curling up. Elijah and I had ended up eating our dessert while chatting in the living room and honestly, it was one of the best birthdays I had ever had which reminded my that I had to go to my car and get all my presents.

Over the course of yesterday, I'd been collecting gifts, the ones from the girls, the ones from my parents and family members that had my gifts sent to my parents. Now they were all stashed in the trunk of my car, probably begging to get out.

I was going to take my time with everything today considering that I had to be back at work again tomorrow so I filled my bathtub with some bubble bath, lit some candles and made myself a heavenly cup of coffee.

I was in the bath for a long time and my skin had been pruned for some time now but that didn't stop me from indulging in my bubble bath for a little longer. My coffee was finished and that was the only reason I got out of the bath, not even the dropping temperature of the water had coaxed me to leave.

After getting dressed, I grabbed an apple from my fruit basket and headed out to my car, at an alarmingly slow pace. That didn't bother me though because I had the whole day to myself.

The sun was out and shining but the air still had an unforgiving bite to it. I got to my car and opened the trunk, sighing.

I was but a dainty woman and now had to figure out how to carry seven gift bags, two boxes, three bouquets of flowers and a massive, lone balloon. I was lazy so making two trips was not an option, it never was.

After staring at all the gifts for a solid three minutes I started packing the flowers into the bags and when that was done, I tied the balloon to my wrist, letting it float above me. Thankfully the two boxes weren't massive and could fit into some of the bags. I managed to carry three bags in one hand and four in the other.

I closed the trunk of my car with my head, it remains a mystery to me as to how I was able to bring the door down with the side of my face against it but I managed.

At a slower pace, I made my way to the building. I was faced with either a very intense summit up the stairs or I'd have to press my face to the dirty elevator buttons to get them to work without using my hands. I opted for the former.

My summit up the stairs was straining but then again I was moving at a snail's pace so I couldn't really complain. The sudden vibrations of my cell phone in the back pocket of my jeans made me gasp. I had one more flight of stairs and if I could make it up them fast enough then maybe I could answer my phone before the person gave up.

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could considering the heavy amount of cargo I was carrying. I made it up in record time and burst through my apartment door, putting the bags on the floor to answer my phone.

"Hello?" I said breathlessly panting.

"Whoa." Elijah chuckled on the other end of the line. "Am I interrupting something?" he teased.