7

Chapter Seven: Gunshots

When Lydia woke up she immediately checked her phone. She sighed when she realized that she had no calls or texts from Danny. Lydia crawled out of her bed and put her phone by her pillow. 

She looked out the small window and noticed that Jacob was already awake. He was outside laying in the grass. She raised an eyebrow and opened the screen door. "Having fun?" She quipped.

Jake looked over and smirked. "Totally." He glanced back up at the sky and Lydia sat down next to him while putting her duffle bag next to her. She realized he was looking at the clouds and she laid down on her back to join him.

"Do you see that? It kinda looks like a flower," He murmured to her. Lydia looked at where Jacob was pointing and she chuckled.

"You're delusional, that looks like a hand," She said. Jake rolled his eyes and pointed to another cloud.

"What about that one? What do you see?" He asked.

Lydia stared at it and noticed that it reminded her of a snout. It was attached to a rounder shape and it had two things poking from it, like a head with ears. "A wolf," She told him.

"I was going to say it looked like out ninth grade teacher Mrs. Fischer but okay, a wolf works too," Jacob joked. Lydia laughed aloud and smiled.

They sat there in silence for a few minutes. The air was warm but it wasn't humid. There was a slight breeze rolling past their faces as they looked up at the sky.

"Has Danny texted you?" Jacob quietly asked. Lydia looked over at her older brother and he looked over at her. She sighed.

"Nope," Lydia said. "I don't know why and it's getting me worried." Jacob blew out a breath.

"He could've just fuckin' stayed with us," he muttered. Lydia furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Why do you care so much?" She questioned.

"I'm sorry for caring about someone I've known for fourteen years," Jacob replied sarcastically. Lydia rolled her eyes and sat up.

"Do you have a little crush on Danny Boy?" She joked while standing back up.

"Fuck off," Jake chuckled and Lydia wiped the grass off of her pants. "Where are you going?" She picked up her bag.

Lydia walked over to the side of the trailer and picked up Danny's old skateboard. "I'm gonna visit Allison and then probably spray paint some shit up," She said with a shrug.

"You told me that the cops were looking for you," Jacob said, "Lyds, you really think that's the best idea right now?"

"I love the rush of adrenaline," Lydia said and threw her board onto the pavement. "See you later, I love you. Oh, and by the way, I made Elias lunch so don't bother. Don't be an ass to him while I'm gone."

"I would never," She heard him sarcastically say as she skated away from the trailer.

Lydia smiled as she rode to Allison's house. Ever since Jacob found out about her street art they have been getting closer. Lydia had missed her brother, she truly did.

Lydia knocked on Allison's garage but Allison didn't open it. Lydia knocked again, pounding this time. "Open up asshole, I can hear you in there," Lydia said.

"Go away," She heard the dark haired girl say. Lydia huffed and took a step back from the large metal door. She walked over to the side of the garage and silently moved the trash-bins under the little window.