17

Chapter Seventeen: I Think I Love You

"I'll be right back," Stiles told Scott and Isaac as he combed his hair in the mirror. "I'm going to go pick up Lydia and her friend."

"No more guys night," Isaac said and put his palm against his heart. "Girls took over."

"Don't worry, Isaac," Scott said and put his hand on his shoulder. "It'll always be guys night at my house."

"Yeah!" Isaac exclaimed. "Cuz' we don't let no girl's take control of our bro time!"

Stiles rolled his eyes and put on his sneaker. "Don't get into anything while I'm gone."

"We would never," Isaac said with a smirk.

Stiles' bulldog, Max, waddled into the room just then. He passed Isaac, growling, and sat down next to Scott on the couch, after struggling for a good two minutes to get on it.

"I don't know why your dog hates me, man," Isaac muttered and grabbed the television remote.

"Yeah, it's not like you piss it off twenty-four-seven," Scott responded sarcastically.

"I do not!" Isaac exclaimed and looked at the dog. "I don't piss you off, do I? HUH? DO I!?" The dog started to bark and Isaac jumped backwards.

"Max, enough," Stiles said and the dog stopped. Scott rolled his eyes at the blonde next to him.

"Try not to die while I'm gone, please," Stiles said and left his apartment.

Scott picked up the bulldog and held it up to his chest. The dog licked his ear. "He likes me, haha."

"Shut the fuck up," Isaac said and stood up. He grabbed his bowl of popcorn, which was empty, and walked into the kitchen to make more.

"He really likes her, doesn't he?" Scott asked, looking over his shoulder towards the man by the microwave.

Isaac shrugged. "I guess." He noticed Scott looking at him. "What?"

"Nothing," Scott said and shook his head. "It's just different. It's different now, like you said before. He's never done this."

"Scott, you sound kind of...."

"Kind of what?"

"Jealous," Isaac said with a smirk. He walked back towards the couch as his popcorn was popping in the microwave.

"I'm not jealous," Scott said with a laugh. "Why would I be jealous?"

"Because he has Lydia and you're still alone. But hey, the single life is a beautiful thing, man," Isaac said and patted his friend on the back. "Just think about all the girls you can mess around with without feeling guilty." He saw him wince. "Or guys...Hey I don't judge."

"Shut up, dumbass," Scott said and shook his head. "I'm not jealous. I can find anyone I want whenever I want."

"Oh really?" Isaac laughed, "Then why don't you do it?"

"Because I don't want to."

"Why?"

"What the fuck, is this Twenty Questions?"