29

Chapter 29: Broken In Love

Stiles parked in his usual parking spot in behind his apartment complex. The clock on the radio read 9:17. Lydia unbuckled her seatbelt as he reached behind her, in the back to grab something.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a small laugh.

Stiles sat back in his seat but now with a large, wrapped box in his hands. "Happy Birthday, Red," He said as he handed it over to her.

Lydia looked down at the gift and then back up at him. He smiled at her and she just stared.

"How'd you—"

" Allison mentioned it once and I asked her specifically for the date," He admitted.

"When?"

"The first time you two came over," Stiles responded. Lydia nodded slightly, remembering the night.

"You didn't have to get me—"

"Lydia," Stiles said and laughed, "Stop it. Just open it." Lydia rolled her eyes at him and pulled off the small bow on top. She placed it on his head, making him smile and roll his own eyes at the same time.

She picked at the wrapping paper before ripping it off completely. Lydia opened the box and a small laugh escaped from her lips.

"You got me a new skateboard?" She chuckled and looked up at him.

"Yeah so now I don't have to lug you around in my jeep," He teasingly said with sarcasm. "I'm going to be seeing you everyday now at home so riding in my jeep should be my alone time, you know?"

Lydia leaned over the stick shift and placed her hands on both of his cheeks before kissing his lips. Stiles grinned as she kissed him. The skateboard slid off her lap as Stiles pulled her onto his.

"I love you," Lydia told him between kisses, placing her hands on his neck and shoulder, and resting her forehead against his. "Too fucking much."

"Not possible," He said with a grin. He leaned forwards and connected their lips again.

Stiles wanted to kiss her forever, if she'd let him.

Scott stood up and pulled his jeans back on. He zipped them and then fastened his belt. He looked at himself in the mirror and ran a hand through his black, messy hair. Scott glanced over his shoulder towards the blond man curled up in the bedsheets. Isaac's face was buried in his pillows and he was quietly snoring. Scott placed his hand on Isaac's pale and freckled back, letting it rest there for a few seconds.

"I'm..." Scott started to say, but shook his head. "...Sorry. For all of this."

He found his shirt on the floor and pulled it over his head. Scott grabbed his shoes and pushed his feet into them. He sat down on the bed as he tied them as quickly as he could.

Isaac slowly stirred himself awake. He smiled softly, his eyes still closed. Knowing Scott was beside him made him smile, a lot more than it should've. Scott went still, knowing that Isaac's eyes were now opening and focusing on his clothed back.