27

Chapter Twenty-Seven: It's My Fault

Lydia rolled over in her sleep and accidentally hit Isaac's nose. He grumbled and turned his body onto his side. He nuzzled his head into the warm pillow and let out a quiet sigh of content.

Lydia's eyes shot open immediately when she heard the front door open. She heard footsteps from outside the door. Lydia looked over at the sleeping boy and wacked his arm.

"Mmm?" He groaned but didn't move or open his eyes. Lydia hit again but harder this time. Isaac's eyes opened and narrowed. He sat up and looked at her. "What!?"

"Someone's in your apartment," Lydia told him. Isaac glanced towards his bedroom door and then back at her.

"Someone needs more sleep," He said and started to lay back down.

"Isaac?" Someone called out for him.

Lydia looked at the blond with a look that said 'I told you so'. He sighed and got up, ignoring how messy his hair looked and how his jeans were hanging low on his hipbones.

Isaac opened the door and closed it halfway as he walked out of his room. Lydia sat up and rubbed her head. She reached over onto the dresser and grabbed her phone. She had a few texts from Danny and three missed calls from Allison.

The English boy walked down the hall and to the front door. He knew the voice that called for him. He could put a face to that voice so easily that it was almost sad.

"Scott," He yawned and stretched his arms. Isaac walked to the door and found Scott there, looking down at Lydia's shoes. "What are you doing here?"

The tanned man looked up and shook his head. He eyed Isaac, glancing at his appearance and then back up at his eyes. "I wanted to talk. About last night. But I see that you have company."

"What's left to say, Scott?" Isaac asked and tapped his foot. "I already told you everything. I think it's best if you just go."

"Isaac..." Scott said with a pleading look in his eyes. The blond broke their eye contact and looked at the door. Scott sighed. "I don't want this to change anything. I don't care if you like me, okay? I just need to know that my best friend won't leave me because of this."

Isaac laughed. "Funny."

"What's funny about this?"

"How you think it hasn't already changed," Isaac said harshly. "Everything is different and its because now you know what I've been keeping in for eight fucking years, Scotty. Now you're going to treat me like some abandoned dog who won't leave you alone. I don't want your pity."

"I'm not going to pity you—"

"You already are," Isaac said and took a step back. "I hear it in your tone. I can see it in your eyes, hear it in your voice. You wouldn't be here right now if this was about something else."

Isaac and Scott could hear Lydia quietly speaking to someone on the phone. Isaac ignored it, but Scott was confused.

"Who's in there?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh, it's just Lydia," Isaac said and yanked on the collar of his shirt into place.

"Lydia?" Scott said, his eyes wide. "You slept with Lydia?"