// eight //

A cute lil chapter :)) don't forget to read the A/N at the end!

Chapter 8

Luke's POV

I'd left Jack's house in a hurry that morning, but boy was I glad I got back to the campus at the time I did. I'd now scored Calum's approval of a date – finally, this was my chance to shine and hopefully make him mine!

My mind quickly forgot about Jack and what we'd done the night before as now he was quickly being replaced by Calum's cute face. I went back to the dorm room to earn Michael's forgiveness, which was easily done as it literally just required me making him a cup of coffee, and playing a game with him.

At nine-thirty, I got ready to head to our first composing class of the term, but Michael seemed reluctant. "I wanna sleep."

"What the heck Mikey, you had all night to do that!"

"Hey, it's your fault for staying out – I couldn't sleep," he whinged, making his cute kitten face and pouting. I rolled my eyes, getting off his bed.

"Fine. Sleep. Want me to take notes for you?"

"Yes please," he beseeched, cuddling my arm. "Thanks Luke, I'll buy pizza tonight."

"Oh, not again!"

~

I stepped into the music block and searched for the classroom MU8, eventually tracking it down on the first floor. It surprised me to see Calum amongst the excited looking pupils inside, talking to this weedy looking guy with shoulder length hair and glasses – oh, it was the guy from the concert yesterday, on that stringed instrument. What was it again, the kelloe? Chelli?

I tried to go over to him but was stopped by a small group of girls who came onto me. "Luke, you're the guy from 5SOS, right?!!"

"Y-yeah," I replied nervously, feeling hands grope my arms. "Hey, do you think you could get off me-"

"We're really big fans! Ohh and I love your tats," a blonde girl exclaimed.

"Thanks..."

"Where's Michael?" another girl demanded.

"He can't come in today-"

"Aw noo!"

"Sit yourselves down, kids," a middle-aged man with a strong Italian accent announced, standing at the front of the large classroom holding a conductor's stick thingy. Everyone dispersed to their seats, leaving me on my own. "Now, for those who do not know me, I am Signor Accardo and I will be teaching you how to compose like a true musician."

He went on for a while, talking about his past experiences and how he was brought up in a small olive-growing village in southern Italy. I idly fiddled with my pen until he finally started teaching.

"So, today we will be covering the basics of music theory. First up – cadences. For this exercise, I will need you to get into pairs! You have one minute."

A loud hubbub of shrieks filled the room as people scrambled about to find a partner. Jesus, this wasn't primary school, why was everyone so eager and competitive? A hoard of people approached me with wide eyes and hopeful smiles but honestly, I had no idea what to do. I mentally cursed Michael for not coming in, until my eyes latched onto Calum's. I got out of my seat and went over.

"Wanna work together?" I asked, looking him in the eye.

"As long as you don't distract me," he replied with a tone of steel.