// fourteen //

Chapter 14

Calum's POV

My fingers tightened on Luke's flannel which he'd draped over my shoulders as we entered the university campus. Michael had complained of hunger on the way back so I'd treated them all to burritos.

"I still can't believe you won us these Pokémon; clearly I should be friends with you rather than Luke," Michael declared, walking round to my side and linking my arm. I glanced at Luke who now appeared to be green with jealously, but laughed it off. Being with them honestly made me feel so relaxed and laid-back, unlike my usual life.

With a yawn, Ashton said, "How are we gonna distribute them?"

"I place dibs on Bulbasaur!" Michael shrieked, earning a few looks from fellow students who had also been to the fun fair. "Calum, you should take Jigglypuff. It's small and cutesy like you!"

Luke shot him another protective glance, before smiling. "Ash the Vulpix resembles you too, with all those curls. I'll take Pikachu then, seeing as it's the only one left."

"Hey, it's yellow though, like your hair."

He let his cheeks go a bit pink and smiled shyly which I found quite weird since he was usually all cocky and confident. Although he was no longer standing next to me, I could smell him from his flannel – a wondrous mix of his lightly-scented cologne, a subtle hint of soap and a puff of smoke.

Luke told them he was going back to my dorm with me, so the other two went their separate ways, Ashton saying how we ought to hang out more and Michael jokingly telling Luke to hurry his ass up so they could watch a film. Luke returned to my side and our hands met, shoulders brushing past each other as we walked. "So, your dorm?"

"Yep, let me just check the time..."

I reached for my phone but startlingly, it wasn't there.

No wonder I hadn't heard any vibrating all night! I'd expected mum to call me numerous times during the day about the competition tomorrow, but I guess it'd slipped my mind. Which could only mean my phone was still in my dorm; that wasn't necessarily an issue, though mum would get pissed off at me for not answering her calls.

I typed in the main block passcode and we headed up the stairs, and I could already feel his boner itching to be relieved. It was rubbing against the side of my leg, after all. His lips found my neck and I couldn't help but release a breathy moan as my fingers worked on putting the room key in the slot.

As soon as I pushed the door open, I shoved Luke back with my shoulder and hand because my very own mother was standing there with her arms folded, giving me perhaps the most condescending and disapproving look a mother could give.

"Calum? What time do you call this?"

I gulped. Luke searched my eyes for answers but I had none to offer.

"It is eleven pm. You haven't been here for hours, and what's more, you have a friend? I knew sending you here wasn't a good idea, I shouldn't have listened to your father-"

I turned, gesturing to Luke to tell him to go. He made a texting signal and I nodded quickly, before he dashed off, leaving me to deal with my birth-giver.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled without looking her in the eye.

"You're sorry? Really, is that all you can manage? I called you fifteen times today, Calum, and when you didn't pick up I came down myself. Where on earth have you been?!"

Her raised tone made me wince, but I stood firmly with my feet almost stuck to the wooden floor. "I-I was out with friends, mum," I replied meekly.