// twelve //

Chapter 12

Luke's POV

He pressed his lips to mine and I smiled as I noticed how inexperienced he was. There was evidently still fear inside him to reach his tongue out and slip it into my mouth; so I took the initiative and controlled the kiss. I tilted my head for better access and he let out a few small moans from the back of his throat which I took with a grin.

"Jeez guys, at least get a room," Michael remarked. I simply giggled, looking Calum deep in the eyes.

So far, we hadn't put any labels on our 'relationship' – I wanted to be with him, and he seemed like he wanted to be with me, but there seemed to be something holding him back. The only way to find out, obviously, would be to ask him.

"Cal... so, are we going out now?" I asked when we pulled away for air.

He looked down at his lap, fiddling with his massive fingers. "I-I don't know. My parents would never..."

Michael overheard and said, "Who cares what your parents think? You're in uni now!"

"It's not like that..."

"Do you want me to talk to them?" I suggested with a shrug. "It's no big deal, you know."

But even that didn't change his mind. "It wouldn't make a difference to them. They think I'm straight, that I'll get married at 25 to some rich girl that by the way, they get to choose-"

"That is literal bullshit," Michael said under his breath. "This isn't the 1800s!"

"Well, if it's any consolation, both my parents really like you. They think you're super talented and when I told them I liked you, they didn't have an issue at all." My hand found his shoulder and gave it a rub, before I planted a quick kiss on his forehead.

It really annoyed me that I couldn't call him mine, yet inside something told me that I'd find a way.

~

Twenty minutes later, we were sitting in front of Michael's huge laptop screen watching some film I'd probably seen with him before, eating pizza. I gave two of my slices to Cal since he ravenously finished his one in record speed.

"I had no idea pizza was this good," he spoke, making Michael and I exchange a look.

"You mean you've never had pizza before?!" Michael screeched.

"Is that strange?"

"Uh, yeah! Pizza is my life!"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Oh Cal. Go on, tell me what else you haven't tried before."

He paused before beginning, keeping count with his fingers. "I've never had toffee apples, fairy floss, ice cream, Subway, marshmallows-"

"Okay, okay stop right there!!" Michael yelled, looking at me. "You're saying you want to date this guy, who has never had any of my favourite foods?! I'm afraid this is one relationship I can't support," he said in a melodramatic way, raising his eyebrows, shutting his eyes and holding up a hand not managing to forget the pout.

"Oh shut up Mikey, all that says about him is that he's a healthy dude! It also means that I need to take you to the fair. You're free this Friday, right?"

He hesitated, nibbling on his lower lip. "Technically yes, but-"

"Awesome! It's a date."

Calum's POV

I couldn't exactly ditch a date with Luke just to practice, but I knew very well that I was a bit behind on practice, what with this new distraction in my life.