Chapter 6: The First Session

(Present day)

"Na..Na..Nathan??" I stammered.

Nathan smiled "Hello Mary. I'll be your Theraphist." He frowned and asked,"What's wrong?? Did i do something to upset you?"

Only then did i notice that my face was in a sort of grimace"Its nothing Nathan... Im just surprised thats all. You didnt tell me that you were a theraphist in training the first time we met. Also where have you been? i rarely see you around in school." I asked.

He laughed and said "Well i have been busy and well im rather too awestruck by you. And in school i was always there... You were just too busy fighting back against Angela and her gang."

I thought about it.. And i asked "Were you the one always putting bandaids in my bag and tissues?" He just smiled and said "Lets get started"

"Mary... Before I officially start.. I jut want you to know that you can trust me. Not because I'm your theraphist but rather I would like you to think of me as your friend." He said quite seriously but surprisingly gentle. I just nodded and wondered if he remembered that day.

"Let's play a game. I'm going to guess your past and if I'm right well you nod an if I'm not you pinch me." He said while smiling

"How would you know that i would tell the truth?" I asked.

"Well let's just say i trust you enough to tell the truth." He said with his eyes twinkling. "You had some bad experience besides the daily bullying of Angela and her gang."

I nod.

"Hmmm" he said "it's something with your parents isnt it?"

I hesitated unsure whether to
Tell the truth or lie. My eyes met his and i saw that i could trust him. I took a deep breathThen nodded.

"Third party?" He asked.

I nodded as tears started to form in my eyes. I asked " How did you know?"

His face was devoid of any expression except concern. He said "I havent been spying on you i just observe. For example you cut yourself not because of the bullying but because of the feeling that you're a failure. I made this a fact because you sort of went Beast when Angela called you a worthless slut. Next i knew it was a parental problem that was bothering you judging by the amount of scars this has been going on for a long time. And lastly i knew it was a third party because i took a guess."

I looked aghast and asked "Am i really that damaged?"

He went across the table and put his arms around me like a cocoon and said "You're not damaged Mary" then he pulled away and continued "You just need someone who understands what you're going through."

"Well do you know?" I asked with tears streaming.

He just smiled and stroked my hair and said "Just trust me okay?" This simple act of concern and tenderness just broke the dam inside me. All the emotions where let out all at once and i collapsed into his chest sobbing. As soon as i calmed down enough i said while smiling at him "Ok". He smiled and said "well that's all for today. I'll see you in school?"

I grinned and said "Definitely."

As he opened the door he paused and said "You're the first girl i ever kissed." And with that he closed the door and left me in a state of shock.