Chapter 21: Preparations

"Wake up." Nathan said laughing softly.

"Ugggh. Noooooo the day of doom has arrived." I moaned.

He lifted me up and carried me to the dining room saying "We still have school for half the day."

I just snuggled closer to his chest and when we reached the dining room he set me down on a chair and went to grab cereals. I thought "Mary you are so into this guy." I sighed and smiled to myself.

"Here eat up." Nathan said as he gave me the cereal. We ate an well chatted about the coming doom to come. After we finished i left to take a bath. Nathan said that he would wait for me in the car. I went home and took a quick shower. After that i kissed my mom goodbye and went to school with Nathan.

The day was in short was absolutely gaga. The whole school was waiting for the day to end so we could go home and prepare. Only Nathan and i were dreading it. Nathan dreading his attire while I'm dreading the social interaction. The day soon ended and we all went home in a hurry. As soon as i went home my mother dragged me insude and told me to take a shower. After that i put on the gown feeling the fabric soft against my skin. My back was bare. My skin pale giving me an almost unearthly feeling.

"Come here Mary i want to show you something." My mom called from her room. I grabbed my sneakers and went to her.

"What's up?" I asked as i went in.

My mom gasped when she looked at me and said "oh mary you're so beautiful."

I blushed and asked "thanks mom. What did you want to show me?" My mom reached inside her cabinet and drew out a sinple lace with a black pearl dangling from it.

"You're father gave this to me a long time ago. I want you to wear it." My mom said softly.

I let her put it on me and she smiled through the tears in her eyes "Come on let's fix your hair." She pulled me in front of the vanity table and started working with my hair. I won't go to such detail since I didn't really know what she was doing but the final look was perfect. It was a messy bun elegantly pulled back on my head. A few strands falling on the side of my face framing it nicely. My hair from its plain straight look became a wavy picture of elegance. As for makeup its just eyeliner and lipstick. She helped me put on my sneakers grinning at me.

"I wonder how Nathan is doing." My mom said suddenly.

I laughed and said "Maybe looking handsome but very dejected."

"Why do you think he doesn't like it?" My mom wondered. I looked away lost in thought remembering what happened last night.

I said "He doesn't want to be like his father. At least not yet." She looked at me curiously and was about to ask something when i heard the doorbell ring.

"That must be Nathan." My mom said. She helped me up and we both headed downstairs. My mom opened the door and Nathan just looked. Great. His suit framing him nicely and the polo underneath brings a nice color for it. But his expression made me blush. He looked at me with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"Uhm guh." He stammered.

I giggled and said "Cat got your tongue." My mom laughed and asked if she can get a picture of both of us. Nathan said yes and my mom went to get a camera.

"Mary. As tradition of every formal, a gentleman must bring a corsage for his lady. So here i brought you one." He said while giving it to me. It was a black rose.

"How did you get one? I know this isn't from here." I said.

He grinned and just kissed me to shut me up. My mind went blank and i heard a camera click.

"Yes!!! Nice." My mom said laughing. Nathan blushed and i said "MOM!! That was so wrong on so many levels."

She just winked at us and said "come on one more picture formal this time." I rolled my eyes and the camera clicked away as Nathan and i smiled for the camera. I thought that maybe just maybe it might be a great evening.

Shit was i wrong.

Cuts and Romanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें