Chapter 13: Friends

I wake up to the my alarm clock. But for the first time in years im excited. I was going to see Nathan again. I felt my fingers curl around something soft. It was his long sleeves. I sat up and lifted it to my nose. Roses and soap. It smelled exactly like him. I saw a note and read it.

It said "Its yours. Wear it."

I smiled and took a bath. I wore a white tank top under the violet longsleeves he gave me. It slipped over my shoulder giving me well a cute and sexy look. So i ate breakfast brushed my teeth said goodbye to my mom and started walking to school. I know. Why am i walking? I just like to. It wasnt far really and i do this every fall to winter since its cold. From my house to the school.. I would say about 6 songs away. So that would be 24-30 min away. What i play depends on my mood so right now im playing Aint It Fun by Paramore. So soon enough i reached the school grounds still 10 minutes early. I decided to kill time by reading a book by the playground. I know very cliche but it was nice there the rides were rusty from the rain and  worn from use. A few trees grew around them making a maze making me feel lost in time. I read a few chapters of The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schnieder.

"I thought I'd find you here" a familiar voice said. I jumped and saw Nathan smilinh at me.

"Hmmm I'm starting to think you're stalking me Nathan." I said teasingly.

He smirked and said "Well you do have a habit of dwelling in places were time seems to have no meaning."

I simply raise an eyebrow and asked "How did you know?"

He moved closer and held out his hand and just said "Come on I'll explain later lunch. We'll be late for class."

I scowled and muttered "Stupid timing." He just smiled and helped me up and together we both went to class.

He went with me to my room and sat beside me. He notice my startled and questioning look. "I'm your classmate Mary. I always sat beside you every day. You just seemed to be in your own world. Trusting no one." He said sadly.

His brown eyes looked dark. "I'm sorry Nathan. I really am i guess I'm just like the others trapped in our own worlds." I said with my voice cracking.

As Nathan opened his mouth the professor came in an started his lecture about something that happened long ago in history bla bla. Usually I listened to him but not today. I was to preoccupied with guilt. Just then i felt Nathan give me something it was a note.

It said "Im sorry if I upset you. I didnt mean it like that. Well maybe i did a bit but at least you showed concern when its needed. I hoped that maybe you would notice me in the past i mean i knew you wanted to avoid me after our little incident on the first day. You were this awesome girl who fought hard for yourself. Youre endearingly stubborn. I guess after what happened between your parents caused you to clam up and build walls around yourself. I just want you to trust me. Not just as your theraphist but as your friend. Maybe if you would like i can be more i could be your best friend or a brother. I'll do anything for you. Trust me okay? I'll tell you more later lunch."

Then there was a space for me to write a reply. I just wrote "Okay." And looked at him. I knew that he saw everything i couldn't write, my fears, doubts, thanks, and confusion. He nodded and kept the paper and looked forward. My chest felt lighter but my mind was somewhere far away from this room. Far from the boring professor teaching boring history. Far from the school. My mind was in the little paradise that Nathan showed me, and called it ours.

Soon enough the class ended and a new teacher took the first's place. Usually i would have listened to all the teachers for the whole day but i was too anxious to talk to Nathan at lunch. The hours ticked by and i was growing impatient. Finally it was lunch i kept my books and rose up. Nathan followed me to the canteen. As soon as we got there we got our food i led him to my favorite spot. Outside in the lawn of the school. Students were streaming out to enjoy the autumn breeze and i led Nathan to my favorite tree. An enormous oak tree. Its leaves turning from green to orange to yellow.

Cuts and Romanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें