Chapter 15: Life is Never Simple

"Mary... Mary... Wake up" someone said.

"5 more minutes." I moaned.

The voice laughed and said "Come on Mary we have school today."

We???

I opened my eyes and saw Nathan with his bed hair. "Good morning sleepy head." He said smirking.

"Na.. Nathan?" I stammered.

"Who else?" He said gently.

"You stayed? I mean the whole night?" I asked shocked.

"Yep i did. Does it upset you?" He asked softly almost worriedly.

This time im the one who smirked "Awww you look cute when you're worried. But seriously though you stayed?"

Nathan stood up and went to the window. "Of course I stayed. I made sure you dont have nightmares." He said while going out.

"See you at school!" I called.

He poked his head inside my window and said "Well ummm come on since im courting you i have to be very macho and gentleman so I'll drive in my car." He said blushing.

I grinned "Which one?" I asked.

He looked at me with mock-shock. "The truck of course. The mustang is only on special occasions." Then he winked and said "Come on sleepy head get up I'll meet you in the car."

I smiled and went to him and kissed him in the nose and said "Yes sir!" While i saluted him. He just shook his head and climbed down. I sighed and smiled and thought that maybe just maybe things will work out okay.

I pulled on a shirt and pants after taking a bath and went down to grab breakfast. And there was my mom smirking at me.

"What's up." I asked ignoring the weird look on her face.

"Nothing." She said her smile growing wider "My little girl all grown up." She said hugging me.

I pulled away and asked worriedly "What do you mean?"

My mom blushed and said "I was eavesdropping on your door last night. I heard everything. And well i approve of him even though he slept with you."

"You approve? I mean of everything me kissing him and him sleeping with me?" I asked completely shocked.

"Ahhhh you kissed him eh?" My mom grinned and pinched my nose. "Yes i do approve i trust that boy. There's really something about him that well makes you happy." She said quite thoughtfully.

"You approve of him sleeping with me? I mean he's just sleeping with me not... Doing other stuff." I said.

My mom laughed and said "Yeah i do approve. He's like a teddy bear and i know you wont do other stuff. You're both smart enough to know that now come on eat up and go to school." She kissed my forehead and she left me with a forlorn smile on my face.

"Hi." Nathan said as i climbed in to the car.

"Hallu my most noble escort." I said in a fake british accent. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"Isn't it weird that even though we're not exactly a couple but we kiss?" He said.

I punched his arm playfully and said "Love doesnt need a label. Now drive we're gonna be late." He smiled and drove.

We arrived at school and went to our classes it was the usual boring professors but i paid attention since i want to keep my spot on top of the honor roll. The bell finally rang and my classmates including Nathan were knocked out of their stupor.

I smirked at him and said "Do you even pay attention to the professors?"

He yawned and said "Nah. I study on my own i just look like im listening."

I laughed and said "Come on im starving lets go grab lunch."

He rose up with me and said "Yeah lets. But how would you like to eat with my friends?" I nodded and i must have looked worried because he said "Don't worry Mary. Im sure they'll like you." I just remained silent and went with it praying that Nathan was right.

We ordered our food. I grabbed my usual pizza and coke while nathan was having just one apple and two cokes. He led to a table in the corner where the most bizaree collection of people were gathered. "Hi guys!" Nathan said greeting them "Guys this is Mary." They said hi and i blushed and mumbled hi. Nathan introduced each one of them to me. The oldest one was named Hazel who was well quite small but really beautiful and mature. Next was Meinand a fine specimen of a dark skinned gentleman and was clearly an artist the way he looked at me. Then came Karylle a slightly chubby girl but rather cute. And there was Embi a talkative girl with a loud voice and a cute face. And there was Ara a tall and thin girl and i liked her immediately. They all seemed nice and well in a way a family. Hazel was clearly the leader but Nathan was the glue that held them all together. We ate and joked and had a great time. It was surreal. I felt like i fit in and belonged. Not to a famous club or gang. But rather to a group of different people. Different as they are, they are all good. Ara and i soon became good friends, well i became friends with the others but Ara was my favorite. The bell rang and we all walked to class the rest of te group wave goodbye as Nathan and i went to our next class.

"So what do you think?" Nathan asked.

I looked at him and smiled "It was wonderful."

Nathan looked relieved and said as we entered our room "Well we are somehow weird being different from each other but seriously though. It's almost like you were there with us always. Not just today."

I just punched his arm playfully and said "Well Nathan what can i say? Im a different girl."

"And that's why i love you." Nathan said.

We went to class and well i listened to the teachers while the rest well dozed off to the very last subject. Even Nathan. I giggled when a bit of drool went out of his mouth i wiped it and thought he looked cute when he was sleeping. The class soon ended and i waked him up while saying
"Nathan come on. Wake up."

He mumbled "Five more minutes

"Nathan come on i need my escort." I said.

That woke him and he smiled "Well let's go." We walked through the hallways and out of the school and into the car. We drove in comfortable silence until Nathan asked "Can i come over again tonight?"

I smirked and said "My mom knows you're there." The car stopped so suddenly and i just had to laugh "Awww Nathan so scared. Don't worry my mom approves of you anyway." The tension in Nathan's body left him and was replaced by relief.

"What can i say im way too charismatic." He said. I laughed and leaned on him. Then i noticed that Angela wasn't there to torture me.

"Nathan did you really do what you said to Angela?"

His face darkened and said "I called my father and asked to give a warning to her parents. So i guess he did and her parents are scared as shit and well i guess they told her to leave you alone."

I looked at him and kissed his cheek "Thank you." He smiled but it wasn't a happy one. When we arrived he walked me to my door and kissed me goodbye.

As he walked away i said "See you later?" It was a question of whether he would come or not.

My anxiety must have amused him because he grinned my favorite smile of his and said "Of course." Then he went home. I entered the house and saw my mother peeking out the window.

"MOM! What are you doing?" I screeched.

My mom simply smiled and welcomed me home. I just shook my head and went upstairs to change my clothes. I did my homework and waited for mom to call me to dinner. I was listening to Fallout Boy when mom called me. And to my great surprise,horror,shock and a whole lot of emotions, Nathan was there holding a bouquet of white roses. It seems that he would be joining us for dinner. Is my life ever going to be simple?