Chapter 3

While Harry and I were talking, I saw out of the corner of my eye a small figure. I had no idea what it was. "Um...do you have a place to live?" I said distractedly. "Yeah, my uncle's house. But I'm staying here for now, at the Leaky Cauldron."
"Why in the name of Spyrol would you stay here?!" I stared at Harry. "Spyrol?" He asked, confused. "My...um...patron." I lied, awkwardly, but then returned to my previous state.
"But seriously, this is a pub. Why would you stay here?" He gave me a curious look then replied, "There are rooms connected to the pub. They aren't all that bad. I mean, they are meant for wiz-" he stopped.
I glanced again at the little figure in the corner. It was pawing at something on the floor. "Oh. Okay." I said slowly. Harry followed my gaze. "What are you looking at?" He said curiously. "Nothing...just the..." I looked around.
"The interesting decor." I stammered. "Um...okay..." Harry pushed his glasses back into his face, and I saw the tip of something. It looked like a stick. "Hey, what's that?" I pointed to it.
His face whitened. "Nothing!" He said quickly, moving his hand to cover it. "Looks like a wand." I said slyly. Harry relaxed slightly. "Hogwarts?" He asked nervously. "Yup." I smiled and twirled my white hair around my finger.
Harry smiled nervously. "You scared my there." He said softly. "I give that impression on a lot of people." I replied. "Now tell me, where did you get that wand?"
"Ollivander's."
"Olli what now?"
"Ollivander's. Best wand shop around."
"Where exactly is Ollivander's?"
"Diagon Alley."
Harry was staring at me as if I was crazy. "Don't you have a wand?" "Not exactly, no." "So you're a first year?" "No, third year. In, uh...Gryffindor." "How are you in third year and in Gryffindor if you don't even have a wand?!"
I didn't know how to reply to that. "I'm not really sure." It was just then that I felt something scaly against my leg. I jumped slightly, but luckily Harry didn't notice.
"That's so...different." He said softly. "Yeah. I'm one of a kind, you know." I shrugged. I felt the scaly thing brush against me again. At the same time I felt the cold scales a tinny bell rang out.
"Closin' time!" Someone yelled. Harry looked around and sighed. "I guess I'll see you at Hogwarts..?" He said quietly. "I'll see if I can get a room here. I have nowhere else to go." I said with a shrug.
"Cool." Harry grinned and got up. "See yah." I said as he left. Immediately after he left I reached under the table, snatched something, stuffed it into my sweatshirt, and approached the bartender.
"Excuse me? May I please have a room?" I asked. The man looked at me closely. "Hmm...room fourteen." He tossed a key onto the counter and pointed me in the right direction. "Thanks."
I grabbed the key and followed the man's directions. When I reached a door with a brass fourteen on it, I carefully and quickly unlocked it and slammed the door behind me.
Then I let the thing out of my sweatshirt.

Hiya!! I hope you like! :) if you do, like and comment!
-LeapTheKitty