Chapter 23

"Quidditch is...hard to explain. Well, you have these goalposts at the ends of a field, and those are guarded by a Keeper. There are three Chasers, which try to get the Quaffle, the biggest ball, through the other team's goalposts. Two Beaters keep the Bludgers, magic balls that try to knock you off your broom, away from the other players and at the other team. Then the Seeker tries to catch the Golden Snitch, which is a tiny and very fast ball that is really hard to catch."
Harry looked at me. "Did you get any of that?" "Sure. Get the Waffle through the goalpost without getting creamed by the Bludgers and then catch the Snitch." I said.
"The Quaffle." Harry corrected.
"Yeah, whatever." I shrugged. "So this game basically can kill you?" "Haven't been any deaths in a long time."
"Well that's a relief." I said sarcastically. "So when's this match of yours?" "Tomorrow." Harry sighed.
It had been a few days since the talk with Professor McGonagall.
We climbed out the portrait hole. I started to head down to class.
That class was Defense Against the Dark Arts.
Harry was stopped by another student, but I kept walking. I reached the class on time and quietly opened the door. About half the class was there.
I sat down next to Hermione and Kiba.
Kiba looked as if he was trying to restrain himself from attacking someone.
I looked up and realized why. Instead of Professor Lupin, there was Professor Snape sitting at the desk.
Kiba definitely hadn't forgiven Snape yet. He looked like he was about to kill him.
"Kiba." I hissed. He glared at me. His expression softened.
Snape shot us a look and we sat quietly until, that is, Harry bolted into the room.
"I'm sorry I'm late, Professor-" he looked up. "...Snape?" "This lesson began ten minutes ago. I think well have ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down." Snape said icily.
"Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry said, not moving from his spot. "He's feeling sickly. I thought I told you to sit down." Snape had a sort of twisted smile.
Harry sill didn't move. "What's wrong with him?" "Nothing...life threatening." He said almost disappointedly. "Now sit down before I take fifty points from Gryffindor."
Harry went to his seat next to Ron, the table across from mine.
Snape looked around at us. His eyes were cold.
"Now, Professor Lupin has left no note of the topics you've covered..."
"We've done boggarts, Red Caps, kaapas, and grindylows, sir." Hermione said quickly.
"Be quiet. I did not ask for any information. I just though Professor Lupin lacked organization." Snape snarled coldly at Hermione.
I glanced over and saw Kiba growling silently.
Snape...you better shut up before you get your face ripped off. I thought.
"I would think first years could cover those topics. Today we will discuss werewolves."
He flipped the the very last chapter. "But sir, we're due to start-" "Granger, I believe I am teaching this lesson. Page 394. Now." He snapped.
The room was filled with the sound of flipping pages.
"Can any of you tell me how to tell a werewolf from a true wolf?" Snape asked. No one moved.
Hermione's hand shot into the air.
"No one?" Snape smiled. "I would think Professor Lupin could've at least taught you that."
"We already told you, sir. We aren't on werewolves yet." A girl near the back said suddenly.
"Silence." Snapped Snape angrily. "I never thought I would meet a third year class that couldn't even recognize a werewolf when they saw one."
I furrowed my brow. We haven't seen a werewolf before.
Had we?
"I'll make a note to tell Professor Dumbledore how behind you all are." "Sir, please, the werewolf differs from the true wolf in many ways. For example the snout of the werewolf is-" Snape interrupted Hermione.
"That is the second time you've spoken out of turn, Granger." He said coldly. "Five points from Gryffindor for being an insufferable know it all." He snapped.
Hermione's face flushed. Her eyes filled with tears and she stared at the floor.
Kiba's silent growling became a whispered snarl.
And Ron practically yelled at Snape. "You asked us a question and she knew the answer! Why ask if you won't let us tell you?"
Even I knew he went too far.
"Detention. And if I ever hear you criticize the way I teach again, you will be sorry indeed."
The rest of the period was silent, except for Snape criticizing us and the way Lupin taught.
When the bell finally rang, Snape held us back. "All of you will write an essay for me on the ways to recognize and kill a werewolf. I want two rolls of parchment, and I want them by Monday. Weasley, stay behind. I need to arrange your detention."
I nearly dragged Kiba out of the room. Harry and Hermione waited until they were out of earshot to go on a tirade about Snape.
"It's a full moon tonight." Kiba suddenly growled. And then he said no more.
Ron came up to us five minutes later, cursing Snape and looking as if e could breath fire.
I shook my head.
I let the three go on ahead, staying behind with Kiba.
"What did you mean by that?"
"I meant what I said."
"Well explain what you said."
"Werewolves change with every full moon. Lupin is sick. Snape is talking about werewolves. Snape says we can't recognize a werewolf when we see one." Kiba stared at me.
"You think Lupin is a werewolf." I said blankly.
"No. I know he is."

-this is in chapter 9 in the actual book, by the way. Anyway. So yeah. Chapter. Stuff happening.
Getting really awesome comments, keep that up.
Uh. Yeah.
Heheh...I've written out some stuff for the ending... Hehehehehe... Some serious stuff happening there...plot twists and crap.... Heheheheheh
You peeps are awesome.
-Leap