Chapter 13

I crashed onto the Hogwarts lawn thirty minutes later. Pain was shooting through my body and my wings were aching. Tiger seemed to feel a little better, and he nudged my face in worry as I lay there.
I heard the Hogwarts train in the distance, an I knew I had to get moving. If I didn't, someone would see me, and I would have to explain everything.
I moaned and looked up from the grass. I saw a flash of yellow and I tried to focus.
A pair of yellow eyes was staring at me from a huge tree's base. As I looked, I could make out a shaggy black dog.
The dog from the streets.
I stood up and slowly moved towards it. It didn't move. Its eyes seemed to beckon me closer.
A sense of fright seemed to take over me as I approached the tree's huge branches. Tiger didn't like it either. I was only a step away from the tree's longest branch when the train horn sounded.
It was really loud and I nearly jumped out of my skin.
I turned and ran towards the sound.
When I arrived at the castle doors students were already filing in.
I gave a huge sigh of relief when i spotted Harry, Ron, Hermione and "me" walking up to the steps.
I looked around to see how they got here. My answer was rolling away back where it came from.
Huge stagecoaches with invisible horses. I was a little disappointed I didn't get to ride in one of those.
I quickly entered my double's mind, and, with an effort, got it to stop to "get a tick off of Griffin".
When she stopped I ran up to her and dispelled her.
I then stroked Griffin and put Tiger in my hood, and then I ran up to my friends. They were talking to a pale faced boy with white blonde hair. As I approached, I heard his drawling voice say, "You actually fainted?"
Harry was glaring at the boy angrily. I came up and looked him right in the eyes.
"Hey, is there a problem here?" I snarled, my eyes narrowed, my voice deadly calm. The boy's eyes showed fright, but he didn't waver.
"Oh, is it a new girl?" He sneered. "Look at her hair, it's white! Must be an albino." He laughed. "Gee, you'd make a charming ferret." I snapped back. "Come on, Katrina. He's not worth it." Hermione pulled me away.
We walked up the stairs together. "Who was he?" I asked. "Draco Malfoy." Ron muttered. "I don't like him." "No one likes him." Harry added.
"Seems nice." I said with my eyebrows raised.
We entered the castle. I stared around in awe.
The entrance was huge, like my old cave. Flaming torches lit the way, an an awesome staircase spiraled up to the other floors.
A huge door stood open to my right. I glimpsed a weird ceiling that was dark and gloomy. I wanted to follow Ron over there when a voice yelled over the crowd.
"Potter! Granger! Pega! I want to see you three at once!"
Harry and Hermione exchanged looks an followed the voice, me in their wake. They led me over to a stern looking woman with a bun and square glasses. She reminded me of a cat.
"Move on then, Weasley." The woman shooed Ron away. "I just wish to talk to them."
She turned to us. "My goodness, don't look so worried." She ushered us away from the crowd of students up the marble staircase. We followed her down a long corridor until we reached her office.
It was small and welcoming, with a large fire. She had us sit down before she addressed Harry.
"Professor Lupin sent an owl ahead. He said you were taken ill on the train?" The woman said sternly.
Harry didn't reply. Another woman came in. She looked like a nurse. She bent over to examine Harry. "You again?" She asked.
"I...I'm fine...I don't need-" "Been doing something dangerous?" The nurse clucked her tongue. "It was a dementor." The other woman said sharply.
The nurse nodded. "He won't be the last that'll collapse, that's for sure. Humph. Letting dementors go about the school." She felt Harry's forehead. I watched in amusement as Harry's face flushed.
"Terrible things, dementors. Their effect on people who are already delicate is-" "I'm not delicate!" Harry snapped. "Yes, of course not." The nurse checked his pulse.
"Does he need to spend the night in the hospital wing?" The stern woman asked. "I'm perfectly fine!" Harry all but yelled, jumping to his feet.
"Are you sure you're alright?" The woman asked. "YES." Harry exclaimed. I held myself back from laughing.
"Wait outside while I speak with Granger and Pega." She instructed. Harry obeyed.
The nurse also left.
I looked around the room as the woman and Hermione talked about her course schedule or something, and then Hermione was told to wait outside while the woman spoke with me.
"Miss Pega." The woman sighed. "You've had a fun time getting here, haven't you?" She asked. "Um...yes ma'am." I didn't dare lie. "My name is Professor McGonagall." "Yes ma'am." "Miss Pega, Professor Lupin informed me that you had used some sort of enchantment to duplicate yourself?" The professor asked.
I nodded. "Why?" "Well, my...friend vanished and I wanted to look for him." I explained. The woman stared at me. "May I meet this friend?" She asked quietly.
I reached into my hood and took out Tiger. The little dragon sniffled. "Oh my." Professor McGonagall gasped. "Miss Pega, it is against the rules to have a dragon as a pet!"
"Well...he's been with me a while..." I looked at the iridescent dragon. He nudged me lovingly. "Same with Griffin, my size shifting dog." The professor shook her head. "We'll deal with that later."
"All I want to know is how you managed to do such a complicated spell?" I looked down. "I...don't know." "And also, how did you get here?" "Um..." I paused. "Lying isn't a smart idea." The woman warned.
"Alright, I used these." I stood up and spread my wings. Professor McGonagall gasped. "I never..." She said in amazement.
I cringed. "You must be of great power, Katrina Pega. Not an animagus, more powerful than that. What are you?" Professor McGonagall stared at me. I took a deep breath.
"I'm a Wondla."

Hey hey hey! Okay, so three pretty fast updates here! I'm proud! Well, anyway, she's finally at Hogwarts, and she's met Mister Malfoy (hehehehehe). And Mistress McGonagall knows. DUN DUN DUUN!!!
Sorry, anyway.
So yeah, I'll keep trying to update soon. I have my Prisoner of Azkaban book with me so my story should be mildly relevant to what's actually happening in the book.
Anyway, thanks for reading and being so patient with my schedule.
I think I need a time turner.
Love you all!
-Leap