Chapter 14

Needless to say I missed the feast. I had to spend the whole time recollecting what my life was like. It was weird, telling a strict lady like this my life story.

"I was born on a huge mountain somewhere not so far away from here. I remembers waking up to see a castle's spires rising into the horizon. My mother was a cast away from the Wondla tribe. My father died in battle, and I never met him.
A Wondla can do a variety of things, but our main talent is being able to shape shift into several forms. For example, I can shape shift into a regular horse, a Pegasus, a unicorn, or a pegacorn, but i would still look the same in color and size and such."

I had told the Professor my whole life up until I met her. She was a pretty good listener.
When she finally let me go, I was so relieved I almost beat my wings in joy. The professor had given me directions to the Gryffindor common room. I didn't really pay any attention to them. I just followed the crowd.
Eventually the crowd split, and then I payed a bit more attention to the directions I was given.
I saw up past the stairs that a huge portrait of a very large woman was...speaking to a group of kids. Frantically reminded myself that this was a magic school filled with magic stuff and that I was magic too, I ran up the stars.
I felt a sudden lurch and the stairs moved under me. I had been holding on to the rail, and I almost fell off the staircase.
"I should make a note that the staircases move..." I muttered to myself. I carefully ran up the stairs and over to the group. Someone said some sort of word, and the portrait swung open.
There was a hole in the wall, and all the kids were going through it. "Totally not weird..." I muttered quietly, going in with them.
The hole opened into a huge, welcoming room, with a warm fireplace and soft looking chairs. I grinned, reminded of my old cave.
I started to look for Harry, Ron, and Hermione, because I didn't know anyone else.
I saw a flash of flame red hair and assumed it was Ron, so I went over.
I had no idea that Ron had twin brothers.
They looked a lot like Ron, and they also looked a lot like each other. It made me a little confused.
"Hey, a new girl!" One came up to me. He put his hand on his chin as if he were examining me.
The second came over too. "We should hook her up with Ron."
"How about no?" I said sharply, pulling away. My white braid swung off my shoulder. "Oooooo....fiesty. My name's Fred, and that's Georgie, my brother." The one who had been "examining" me introduced.
"I'm Katrina. I know your brother, Ron." I said quickly, not wanting to get stuck with these two for much longer. "Know where he and Harry are at?" I assumed they knew Harry.
Fred nodded. "Up in their dormitory. Girls can't go up there." He sighed. "Unfortunately." "Do you know where Hermione is?" "Up in her dormitory. You can go up there, cause you're a girl." George said distractedly. "Thanks."
I glanced around and saw a small herd of girls going up stairs to what looked like a door, so I went up with them. A sign on the door said "third years". The girls pushed in and branched out among a long hallway filled with doors. I noticed that beside the doors was a handwritten list of who was in the room.
After a few minutes of scanning the lists I found my name right under Hermione's. I went into the room. Hermione was there, brushing out the bushy hair on her head. "Oh, hey Katrina!" She smiled at me.
"Hi." I looked around the room. Four beds with curtains on them circled the room. Trunks sat at the end of each. "Do we have two other girls in here with us? I didn't look at the list that much." "No. When Professor McGonagall was talking to me, she said that it would only be you and me in here because we both have secrets that we probably shouldn't share with...what did she say...normal witches."
"Normal witches." I repeated. Hermione nodded, looking at me. "You weren't Sorted." She said softly. "Sorted?" "When you're placed in a house." "Oh, the letter I got just said I was in Gryffindor."
"That's kind of odd." Hermione frowned. "It isn't right that you weren't properly Sorted."
"It sounds painful."
"It isn't, really." Hermione smiled. I sighed. I sat down on the bed with my trunk at the end.
I felt Tiger squirm in my hood and straightened up immediately. "Griffin. Where's Griffin." "Your dog?" "Yes." I started to feel worried.
Hermione smiled. He's probably down in the common room. Crookshanks, my cat, is."
As if on cue, a loud bark, followed by yelling, shot through the room. "Oh dear." I ran out the door down the stairs. Griffin was barking at Fred and George.
"Griffin!" I yelled. The dog turned and bounded at me, jumping into my arms, shrinking into puppy size.
"Bloody hell...that dog is frightening." One of the twins muttered.
"He is not!" I returned. "He's a sweetheart." I stroked the dog's golden fur, and he locked my face. Harry and Ron appeared on the other staircase. "I heard yelling." Harry said quickly. Ron nodded.
"It was just them, being afraid of Griffin." I nodded at Fred and George and shrugged. Ron started laughing wildly.
I laughed too, until a flash of yellow caught my eye.
In the window was a dog.
A huge, shaggy black dog.

Hi everyone! So, another chapter finished before two whole months pass. Thanks for not leaving me! Anyway, basically Katrina's in Hogwarts (yay) and she's getting stuff sorted out. Now, I've been getting comments about how what Katrina is (a Wondla) isn't any different than an Animagus. Well, it is. Okay? It just is. Very different. Also I couldn't use the sorting hat for a special reason, even though I really wanted to. It's all explained later.
-Leap