Chapter 4

I bit my lip when I saw the thing. It had shiny iridescent scales that glittered in the sunlight. The creature jumped to my bed and sat down, curling its long, ridged tail around its feet.
I took my sweatshirt off and set it carefully on the bed. The creature looked at it with big green eyes. "Well, they did say I needed to have a pet for Hogwarts..." I said to myself, smiling slightly.
"But they never said I could have a mini dragon."
The small little dragon extended its batlike wings proudly. "Aww..." I whispered, running my fingers along its ridged back. "Hey little buddy, want to go out for a quick flap around London?" I asked the dragon in a hushed tone.
It nodded excitedly. "Great! But first you need a name. Do you already have one?" I asked. It nodded. "Hmm...I'll try and guess, okay?" Another nod. "I suppose it would help to to know if you're male or female."
I stared into the dragon's eyes. "Female?" It shook its head. "Oh, so you're a male?" A nod. "Alright. Now the name." I studied his features. "Scales?" The dragon gave me a look that said: seriously? I raised my hands.
"Okay, okay." I smiled. "How about..." I thought hard. "Copper?" He shook his head. "Bingo? Avalanche?" Why can't I just get his name?
A small voice entered my mind. "Tiger Eye..." It whispered. Maybe that was the dragon's name. "Is it Tiger Eye?" The dragon nodded quickly. "Brilliant. Tiger Eye it is."
I stroked Tiger's head then picked him up. "Windows's big enough for both of us." I commented. Tiger nodded and flapped unsteadily to the window. He raised the edges of his mouth as if he was smiling.
"Ready when you are!" I slipped out the window and released my wings. They caught the air just in time, right before I hit the pub roof. I flew into the sky, loving the feel of the wind against my skin.
Tiger caught up with me and sat down on my back. "Tired?" I asked gently. He kneaded my back and laid down. Maybe he's still a baby and can't fly for long periods of time.
I pumped my feathery wings and flew back to the window. Resting on the ledge above it, I stared into the night sky. "Hogwarts..." I muttered. The name felt strangely familiar. Why? I've never heard of it.
Then I remembered I needed a wand. "Shoot..." I muttered. "Harry said something about Ollivander's in Diagon Alley. Maybe he can take me there tomorrow."
Tiger rested his head on my shoulder and chirped softly. "Heh, you're a god boy, aren't you?" I smiled, petting his head.
It was then when I saw him.
The dog.
It was a big dog with shaggy black fur roaming the street.
"I wonder if horses are strange sights in London..." I whispered.
I slid to the street and quickly transformed into my normal horse form, without the wings and horn. The dog padded up to me.
He sniffed me curiously. I tossed my head and stamped my silver hooves against the street. The black dog looked up at me. He stared into my eyes.
I returned the stare. I felt Tiger against my neck. His scales were really cold. The dog nodded slightly and then turned. He lashed his tail and padded away.
I rolled my eyes. Stuck up little doggie. Once the dog was out of sight, I transformed back into human. I played with my hair while talking to Tiger.
"Well, my friend, it seems that we're leaving in a week to Hogwarts. Do you think you can learn to fly by then?" Tiger chirped in reply. "Great." I took him into my hands.
"Let's get some sleep."

Hey all.. Please like and comment! :) I always like ideas! Can anyone guess what's up with the dog? :3
-LeapTheKitty