Chapter 24

I was exploring the grounds when Malfoy decided to ruin my day.
He stalked up to me and sneered. "So you've got a boyfriend now?" He drawled.
"No." I snapped back. I felt my wings tighten.
"Are you sure? You hang around him a lot, little Wondla." He purred.
My eyes widened. How did he find out?
"Hang around who?"
"That wolfish fellow." Malfoy said slyly. "You seem to know exactly what he's going to do, like when he nearly killed that grindylow the other day."
"He's like me. He's a Wondla. Like me." I said softly, knowing Malfoy already knew my secret. "We're tuned to each other."
Malfoy let out a small laugh. "So basically you were made for each you?" He drawled.
I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I yanked him towards me and I calmly said, "Heck yes," before letting him go. Malfoy fell to the ground.
He glared up at me.
I just left.
I thought about what Kiba said, pushing the conversation I just had way out of my mind.
I shivered as it started to rain.
So you think Lupin's a werewolf?
No. I know he is.
Kiba's words echoed in my mind. How could he be so sure?
Lightning crackled across the sky as the rain fell harder.
I suddenly remembered that Harry had a Quidditch match. He said it was important and that he wanted me to come.
I started to walk over.
By the time I got there the seats were nearly filled. I caught sight of Hermione and Ron and went over. "Where's Kiba?" I asked. "I don't know." Hermione shrugged.
We turned to watch the match.
I found Harry five minutes after the brooms had launched into the air.
He was hovering near the edge of the field.
Suddenly he froze. His hands slipped on his broom, staring at something behind the seats.
And then he came to and bolted after a speck of gold.
Rain whipped at my face as I watched. My braid blew in the wind.
I squinted, trying to follow Harry's movements though the sky.
I lost track for a moment and then I saw a figure falling.
It was Harry.
His broom was nowhere to be seen.
I couldn't find my voice as he hit the ground.
Everyone rushed to the field in a mass of students.
Harry was still breathing when the teachers and students ran over, but he was injured.
Two teachers carried Harry to the hospital wing.
Harry's team followed forlornly.
Instead of heading to the hospital wing, I went back out onto the field. I wanted to find out what made Harry fall like that.
When I came out there, I found Kiba standing in the middle of the field, but in wolf form, with his wings folded onto his back. I didn't let him know I was there.
I watched the wind stirring his brown fur. I noticed there were bandages around his paws.
I changed into a regular horse and trotted up to him. When I went over I noticed his eyes were shut.
I said nothing. I just started to run. As I ran I let my horn spiral out of my forehead, and my wings sprout from my back. I lifted my muzzle and let the wind blow through my mane.
And then I leapt into the sky. I beat my wings twice and circled the Quidditch field. I saw Kiba lift his head, and then spread his wings too.
He beat them in a much faster movement than I did. I hovered in the air for a moment, watching him fly up. His eyes were wide. He gestured for me to follow him.
I did.
He flapped his wings in jerky movements; my beats were much more smooth and controlled. Since we couldn't understand each other, we communicated with movements.
As much as I hated to agree with Malfoy, we were pretty tuned together.
Kiba tipped his muzzle downwards to the grounds. I followed his gaze.
There was a cloaked thing floating across the grounds. It spread death and despair wherever it went.
Kiba and I exchanged looks, both of us thinking the same thing.
What was it, and why is it here?
I quickly circled back to the Quidditch field, where we landed and changed back.
"What the heck was that thing?" I muttered. Kiba shrugged. I noticed again the bandages on his hands. He caught me looking and shot me a look, but said nothing.
"You missed Harry falling to his death." I said lightly.
Kiba raised his eyebrows. "Really? Again? Darn." He said sarcastically.
"I think one of those things did it. When I was uh...on the train here Harry fainted when one of those came into the compartment."
"How manly."
"Do you want me to punch you?"
"Not yet."
Kiba's fierce eyes flickered when he looked up at the moon.
"Are you okay?" I said, my tone softening. "Fine." He replied. I stared at him.
I caught him clenching his fists. "What? Are your wolf powers acting up in the full moon?" I said jokingly.
But when he looked at me, it wasn't Kiba.
His eyes weren't the familiar blue with diamond pupils I had grown use to.
Instead his eyes were nearly black, and his teeth were sharpened considerably.
He didn't even seem like himself.
He fumbled in his jacket, his bandaged hands shaking.
He drew his magic knife. "Do it..." He said softly. He pushed the knife into my hands. "Just do it...please."
"Do...what?" I had a dreadful feeling in my stomach.
"Remember that night where the man was fighting me...remember what I did..." Kiba's blackened eyes were wide and twitching.
"Please..." He whispered.
I stuck the knife into my boot.
"No way in hell." I said softly. I grabbed his wrist and dragged him inside.
I proceeded to drag him up to the Gryffindor common room. I snapped the password at the knight before he could challenge me to a duel, and shoved Kiba inside.
No one was in there.
"Kiba?" I asked. He seemed slightly better than when he was outside. He wasn't exposed to the moon in here.
"K..Katrina?" He stammered, right before collapsing onto the floor.
"You do that a lot." I muttered to the now unconscious Wondla boy on the floor. "A lot."

-you may have noticed I changed the cover. If you didn't notice, I changed the cover.
I'm being cruel and leaving some fans on cliffhangers with a girl named Claire. (In the comments)
Well, I'm going to do the rest of the series, and then the generations, maybe. And Claire is Katrina's daughter.
(You're welcome LockedDoor and moonlitshadow)
I know this is a confusing chapter kind of. I'm just gonna say that Kiba is NOT a werewolf, before you get the wrong ideas.
You guys are awesome. (Sorry for a short chapter)
-Leap