Chapter 33

Saturday came, and I listened to Hermione rant violently about Harry sneaking into Hogsmead again, and how they were ignoring her completely.
Tiger jumped onto her shoulders, and she flinched a little and he beat his wings.
Tiger had grown a little. He could now fly without running into anything for a while.
Griffin too had learned some words. He could piece together sentences now, but still called me "Ka-tree", which I didn't mind.
"Katrina, are you even listening?" Hermione said suddenly. "No." I replied. "Katrina!" "Hermione, they're boys. Blunt and idiotic boys. They think they do nothing wrong." I stroked Griffin, beside me.
Hermione huffed.
In ten minutes I managed to get her down to breakfast. She kept shooting looks at Harry at the table, but he avoided each one. While she went out to the front doors, she whispered to me to keep an eye on Harry. I rolled my eyes, but followed him.
I saw him heading in the direction of the passage Hermione had told me about, and then give a sudden lurch, and stuffed the map he had out away.
He kicked his bag into the statue as Neville Longbottom rounded the corner.
They started to talk, Harry seeming impatient and Neville completely innocent.
Neville suddenly gasped, and Snape appeared. I stood quietly, hidden behind a pillar.
Snape soon had Harry and Neville sent off, as he examined the statue.
I followed them, and Harry soon shook off Neville and quickly took out the map again. He sprinted away, and I knew where, so instead of following him again, I went back to the common room.
Neville had just disappeared into his dormitory, so I went over to the dog laying in the dark corner of the room.
"Kiba." I said loudly, nudging him with my foot. He opened an eye, but instead of the familiar blue, it was yellow.
I gasped and leapt away.
The dog emerged from the darkened corner, black and ragged.
It looked at me, and then up at the boy's dormitory.
And then Black leapt out the window.
I shook my head. "I hate it when he does that" I muttered.
"What?" Kiba came up next to me, making me jump.
"Don't do that." I growled. "Someone's cranky." He looked out the window.
I saw him staring at the forest.
"Did you live there?" "What?"
I repeated my question.
"Before...Snape captured you."
Kiba let out a low sigh. "You could say that." He said.
I saw his tail lash violently.
His diamond pupils slid towards me. "Where did you live? Before you got a Hogwarts letter?"
"A cave. In London." I replied. "Nothing special."
"Did you have room to run?" He asked. "No."
"How did you bear it?"
"I was at the top of the world, Kiba. I could fly."
Kiba looked away from me. "I would've preferred running."
His tail curled.
"Where are you most of the day? You're never around the castle." I asked curiously.
"In the forest." Kiba replied.
"What's there to...uh..see?"
Kiba's tail started to wag. "Let me show you." In a flash he was out the window.
And then he was a winged wolf, hovering outside the window.
I pursed my lips, looking into his excited eyes.
I sighed. "Fine."
I followed him out the window, and then we were flying, wolf and pegacorn.
The forest was nearer and nearer, and then we were over the dark trees.
Kiba dropped suddenly, and I followed him, much more gracefully.
He tumbled onto a large rock outcropping, and then quickly went inside.
I followed him slowly, tossing my mane at the dreary sight.
I looked around.
I hated to say it, but it reminded me of my own cave just a little.
Kiba and I wasted some time there, he showed me many things and told me that it was his old cave from when he was young.
I mostly pretended to be interested.
We were walking back (as humans) when we found Ron, Hermione, and Harry glaring at Malfoy and his stupid gang.
Being the sneaky little Wondlas we were, we watched.
I looked over, and saw Hagrid bolting down to his hut.
"He supposed to be our teacher." Malfoy was saying mockingly.
I watched, almost smiling, and Hermione leapt forward and smacked Malfoy right across his stupid little face.
I felt Kiba shaking with silent laughter next to me as Malfoy stared at Hermione in fright.
Soon Malfoy was long gone down the passage to the dungeons.
Harry and Ron followed Hermione silently as she stormed up to Charms.
"Crap." I muttered. "You're going to be late, Kat." Kiba looked at me.
"Shut up. You don't have to do classes." "I get your bloody homework." Kiba looked at me. "Now shoo!" He made swooshing gestures with his hands.
I stood up and gave him a sharp look. He tugged on my white braid.
"Shoo," he repeated.
I huffed at him, and then took off.
Somehow I arrived right after my friends did.
I snuck in very carefully after them.
"You're late." The professor, Flitwick, I believe his name was, said sharply.
"Now, we're experimenting with Cheering Charms-" I zoned off after that.
The teachers never really included me anyway, for fear I would do something dangerous.
I sighed, watching the class practice. I took out my own wand and spun it around, watching the golden tip shimmer in the light filtering from the window.
Flitwick watched me silently.
As I left the classroom, he called me back, handed me a book, and then shooed me off.
At lunch, I examined the book.
It was thick and bound in soft, blood red leather.
Harry leaned over to me curiously. "What's that?" He asked.
"Flitwick gave it to me." I opened it and flipped through the pages.
To my surprise, it was a book on spells and how to perform them.
"Weird." Ron muttered, and went back to his apple pie.
While we went up to the tower, Harry and Ron were starting to get worried about Hermione.
When we entered the common room, however, they were relieved to find Hermione asleep at a table, on an open Arithmancy book. Griffin was rested at her feet.
I went to sit in a chair while Harry and Ron talked to Hermione. I watched as she spazzed out and ran away.
Twenty minutes later, we were at the ladder to the Divination classroom. "I can't believe you deal with this, still, Katrina." Ron commented. "I would think you would've socked out Trelawney by now."
"Don't get your hopes up." I said accusingly.
Kiba had actually joined us for a class this time, curious over how wacky Trelawney really was.
"You're going to get caught." Harry said. Kiba shrugged. "You said she was spacey. Maybe she won't notice."
We climbed up the latter and soon entered the dim, stuffy room.
I caught Kiba's eyes slowly turn yellow as they adjusted to the lighting.
Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat down at a rickety table, and me and Kiba took places at the table next to them.
"Good day!" Trelawney's drifty voice came into the room.
Kiba immediately tensed. I shared his dislike.
She started to ramble dreamily about predictions and crystal gazing, which we were practicing today.
Kiba and I stared blankly into the crystal ball at our table.
To my surprise, Kiba's yellow eyes widened and he leaned away.
When a quarter of an hour passed, I was bored senseless. I considered actually knocking Trelawney out as Ron had said.
She had been particularly annoying, for whenever she passed me, she fluttered her fingers.
Suddenly Hermione burst out. "Not that Grim again! This is ridiculous!" I glanced over, mildly upset that I had missed the conversation.
The Professor raised her eyes to Hermione. "I am sorry to say, but when you first even entered the class I noticed you did not have the Sight. I have never seen a mind so mundane as yours." She said.
"Shots fired." I muttered.
Silence followed as Hermione glared at the Professor.
"Fine." She snapped. She got up and crammed the Divination book into her back. "I give up. I'm done." She went over to the trapdoor, kicked it open, and left.
"Shots caused damage." Kiba whispered next to me. I stifled a laugh.
The class erupted into conversation. It took a while for them to calm down. "Hermione's having a fun day." I heard Ron say. I turned back to the crystal ball, but of course there was nothing but fog.

-Hey guys, I've been having some mixed feelings about doing the series?
Uh, I might just be a lazy little idjit and be all like, YEARS LATER when I skip to next gen oh whoops
-Leap
(P.S. I may update again tonight)