Chapter 9

Harry and I arrived at the Leaky Cauldron later than expected. I discovered that if I made Griffin run really fast, his tail would crackle with magic.
I spent a really long time fooling around with the sweet golden dog.
We finally arrived at the smelly old pub. Harry pushed me inside. "Over there." He pointed to a table next to a window.
The light was dim, but I could make out two forms. "I thought you said there was "somebody". There are obviously two people there. Learn to count." I informed Harry. "Shut up. Come on, I want you to meet them."
"Can I take Grif up to my room first." I said in more of a demand then a question. "Fine. I'll come up later and knock. Then you can meet them." Harry sighed impatiently, which I found kind of funny. "Oh, dear," I copied his impatient sigh, "it's the end of the world until about fifteen minutes!" I exclaimed, taking a now puppy sized Griffin back up to my room in fake anguish.
I reached room 14 and opened the door, letting out Tiger and setting Griffin on the bed. The two got to know each other.
After about ten minutes of sniffing and flapping and small bouts of flames, I tore the two apart. "Sorry, you two, I need to put away some stuff."
My room was truly a mess. A few owls had arrived, delivering the things the school had already bought me, such as a real cauldron and actual spellbooks. (The cauldron I bought was collapsible) They also brought more robes.
I packed all this into a trunk that I had stolen from a trash bin a day ago. I had it nice and clean and it smelled a lot better. I had just set my two books from today on top of my robes when a knock sounded from the door.
"Who is it?" I yelled from across the room. Harry replied with, "Katrina, open the door!"
I put Tiger in the bathroom and ran over to open the door. "What? Did your bird ransack your room or something?" I swung the door open. Harry was standing in the doorway. "We're going to meet my friends by the ice cream parlor tomorrow." He said simply.
"Cool, fine, just let me sleep. That means you have to leave." I kicked the door shut with a strong, pegacorn-or as I was informed by the book I was given by the Menagerie lady, alicorn-foot swing. I ignored Harry's yell of "That was my FACE!" And quickly called Tiger over.
The little dragon obliged, chirping. "Yes, I know I forgot to let you out last time..." I sighed at the dragon's little chirp. I looked in the mirror to see if the dragon was visible.
I noticed that my braid was a total mess, quickly undid it and raked a comb that room service gave me through it, and redid it.
"Perfect." I called over Griffin and grinned at him. "Can you say Katrina?" I asked him, kneeling down. "Ka...tree?" He woofed. "Close enough." I laughed, and went over to the bed.
"Come on, you two. Let's get some rest." Griffin jumped on the bed and curled up against my feet, size changed to puppy form. Tiger curled up against my chest. I took off my sweatshirt an allowed my wings to stretch out. Soon me and my pets were fast asleep.

There. Another chapter done. :)
-Leap