Chapter Thirty-Five

Lost and insecure

You found me, you found me

Lying on the floor

Surrounded, surrounded

Why'd you have to wait?

Where were you? Just a little late

You found me....

~Deadlox's POV~

It was already the next morning and I awoke to the sound of Hunter crying. The nurses from the nursery let us borrow a crib so that he could sleep in the room with me.

I sighed and walked over to the crib, picking him up. He was hungry, which meant I had to go home without Sky. I grabbed the keys from the nightstand and nervously walked to the car.

I didn't want to leave the hospital until Sky woke up, but I didn't want to inconvenience Jerome and Mitch with having to take care of Hunter. I could sense the sexual tension between them.

The entire way home, I was knawing at my lip and glancing at my phone. This shit was nerve wrecking. I ran into the house and grabbed everything I would need for the next few days and put into a large duffel bag.

Hunter was crying the whole way back to the hospital, but I tried to ignore him. I gripped the steering wheel so tight, my knuckles were white.

Once I got to the hospital, I rushed to Sky's room to find him still in a coma. Everything was fine. Nothing was beeping in a bad way. I breathed a sigh of relief and started to feed Hunter.

When Hunter finally fell asleep, I sat next to Sky's bed and put my hand on his. His eyebrows scrunched up again. He was trying to wake up. I brushed through his hair with my fingers.

"I know baby, I know you're trying... Don't stop fighting okay? I love you." It took everything to not cry right then. But then, a miracle happened.

He started mumbling.

I stared at him, trying to make out words, but it was mostly just groaning. Then, his eyes fluttered open. He looked at me, his eyes squinted and yet, he still smiled.

"Hey." I couldn't stop the tears. I buried my face into his chest as he stroked my hair. "I-I'm so sorry...." I said through sobs. "Look at me." I lifted my head to look into his eyes.

"It wasn't your fault. I know you didn't do it." I nodded and he wiped away my tears. "I love you too babe." I knew then that he heard me when I told him to not stop fighting.

End of chapter!!! Hope you doods liked and stay tuned, I might write another chapter tonight just cuz I feel like it! Peace out for now!